Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Meet CHANEL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/meet-chanel-t240736.html)

Sunflowerzz 02-09-2014 02:31 PM

Meet CHANEL

2 Attachment(s)
I saw a Morse listed on CL. The picture was dark and yellowish and you could barely even tell it was a sewing machine. I think it was 35.00. Ad said it was a Morse and it ran. It looked like a newer one but I like Morse's and was hoping for some parts for my other ones so I called and drove the 25 miles to go see it.

I drove way out in the middle of the countryside and it was a pleasant drive until I got lost which I usually do. I always make the most of those times and enjoy the roads, scenery, houses and farm animals etc. Sometimes I stop to take pictures and sometimes if I see any meadowlarks on the fences I pull over because I just love listening to them sing which I don't get to hear living in town. Then after a little bit I will consult my printed out google map or call the person and eventually I arrive at my destination. :) I always give myself extra time to get somewhere so I don't keep people waiting.

So I gave her a call and with better directions I drove straight to her house. We went inside and she showed me the Morse, I think I looked kinda sad the minute I saw it and then the woman looked concerned. I was disappointed because it was super clean and was NOT going to be a parts machine!! Drats. I knew the machine was going to end up in the lineup for cleaning and testing if I bought her and would not be for parts. But she was a cute Morse and her black and white color scheme reminded me of the old black and white Chanel clothes. I adore vintage Chanel anything. I made the seller an offer and she perked right up again and accepted the offer. I brought her home don't cha know, cleaned her up and she just purrs...I will repaint her case in bold white and black that will make any Chanel lover proud of me.

The moral of this story is: I can't seem to find parts machines to save my hide!!!!:):D;):p

I know others have the exact opposite problem and find lots of parts machines. She was just too pretty and clean to part out I just couldn't do it. DH really liked this one when I brought her home. And sternly told me she WAS NOT going to be a parts machine as soon as I lifted up the case top for him to see. LOL That made me grin because he is always so soft spoken but for some reason he really took a liking to this cutie pie. He knew I was going to be looking at a machine for spare parts for the other Morse's we had. I had to laugh because he also knew Chanel was going to be a great machine the minute he looked at her just like I did. Sometimes you JUST know.
The End

vmaniqui 02-09-2014 02:38 PM

She is a beauty, like you :)

wilburness 02-09-2014 02:49 PM

oh ya! no parts machine. good find!

amcatanzaro 02-09-2014 03:22 PM

I never find parts machines either. Very nice! Congrats!

Sunflowerzz 02-09-2014 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by amcatanzaro (Post 6565199)
I never find parts machines either. Very nice! Congrats!

Anastasia is it just us? LOL ;)

J Miller 02-09-2014 03:37 PM

I've bought parts machines, tried them out finding they sew wonderfully, then refurbished them.

That's a fairly modern Morse, I've never seen one like it. Nice.

Joe

zozee 02-09-2014 03:51 PM

Sweet! Looks like she just rolled off the production line. I always enjoy your narratives, with the sewing machine as a protagonist. Keep writing. Of course, I'm sure you'll keep adding new characters to keep us--and, more importantly, yourself--entertained.

I'm curious. Is she your fifth Morse, by any chance? When I saw your title, I though this was Chanel because it's Number 5.

Sunflowerzz 02-09-2014 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6565218)
I've bought parts machines, tried them out finding they sew wonderfully, then refurbished them.

That's a fairly modern Morse, I've never seen one like it. Nice.

Joe

I guess the better I get at refurb the harder it is to find parts machines, because I check them out and say well for pete's sake this isn't really broken or not running, it just needs this or that. So I hear ya. I have never seen one like it either let alone in the black and white. It says model #564ec and she was made in Taiwan and she is a TANK!! I could barely lift her. My first Taiwan machine. I don't think I will keep her as I HAVE run out of room. The stretch part intrigues me though.

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 6565234)
Sweet! Looks like she just rolled off the production line. I always enjoy your narratives, with the sewing machine as a protagonist. Keep writing. Of course, I'm sure you'll keep adding new characters to keep us--and, more importantly, yourself--entertained.

I'm curious. Is she your fifth Morse, by any chance? When I saw your title, I though this was Chanel because it's Number 5.

MY favorite perfume I kid you not. Alas she is number 4. Thank you for the kind words.

Sunflowerzz 02-09-2014 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Morse 5201. Looks a lot like the 564ec except for a big change in the bobbin area. Very interesting.

foufymaus 02-09-2014 06:35 PM

She's a doll! I love her style.