Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Monograms (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/monograms-t215399.html)

miriam 03-03-2013 04:01 PM

Monograms

Vintage White Sewing Machine Company Monogram maker

I mentioned some time ago I had a little monogram dohicky. Someone asked me to take some pics and post. Well I'll try with the pics - some will stick and some might not but I'll get them up here eventually.

This little monogram maker was a gift from my sister. She knew I was wanting one and she found it at a rummage sale and thought of me. It only works with low shank machines. That rules out my 403 and 411 I love to use. So I put it on the Phoenix. The Phoenix decided not to sew today. So I got out an old 15 clone even though it does not zz. I loosened the tension a little - well a lot - the end fell off... Then I figured out there was a bit of dried up oil on the disks... Usually this machine is so reliable it isn't funny. I cleaned out the dried up oil with a q-tip - I could not see the oil but it sure felt draggy in there. Then I dropped the feed dogs. Then I put the parts on the machine per instructions. Then I sewed a little monogram. I hope pictures will show up in the next windows. I think some letters work better than others. I think a zz machine might work better than a clone. Maybe a lighter needle, too. I think I had a jeans needle in the machine.

miriam 03-03-2013 04:03 PM

Ok let's see if a picture of the box will come up.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399598[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-03-2013 04:04 PM

so far so good. Let's open the box and see what is inside.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399599[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-03-2013 04:05 PM

I like it that this one had instructions. I'm not real good with instructions - usually I try to figure it out... I really do need instructions to do monogrammers and buttonholers. :shock:

miriam 03-03-2013 04:07 PM

I hope those pictures stay up there. Making sure the tension is cleaned up and adjusted to flow nice. Dropped the feed dogs - may as well clean there when done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399600[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-03-2013 04:08 PM

Ok drum roll - are you ready to see the little doohicky? Pulling up a bobbin thread to start it out - just like free motion.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399601[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-03-2013 04:10 PM

Then the last picture - the finished 'monogram' :thumbup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399602[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-03-2013 04:13 PM

Looks like the thing it rides on was taken apart already in the second picture. It is a little tricky to put it together the first time. The first picture is the way it should go. Now I should go get out the Singer Slant-o-matic monogrammer and see if I can get it to work - Nah - no time. I haven't gone to the grocery in a while and it has to happen... DH likes to be well fed.

miriam 03-03-2013 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK so none of the pictures came up. I am so inept with computers. [ATTACH=CONFIG]399603[/ATTACH]

miriam 03-03-2013 04:19 PM

Ok that was picture number 1.