Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   more for the Bone pile (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/more-bone-pile-t257363.html)

xxxxxxxxxx 11-25-2014 07:31 PM

more for the Bone pile

1 Attachment(s)
This comes home in the morning ..talk about bare Bones. I'll buy anything for under 20 as long it's treadle anything is possible

This has been list for almost a month, i'm the only call they've had lolol... oh it's a Brunswick, I have an other one, thats nice, but is a round bobbin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]500215[/ATTACH]

lynnie 11-25-2014 08:32 PM

very old, but pretty still

Mariposa 11-25-2014 08:33 PM

Diamond in the rough-? :)

Barb in Louisiana 11-25-2014 09:00 PM

Very Nice. I have two Singer Treadles that we have to clean up and get new decals for. Looks like you have some work to do to. Love those old machines.

Mrs. SewNSew 11-25-2014 09:23 PM

I know what you mean..I made a call on an under 20.00 today. Photos show a LOT of work. We'll see. I think your new treadle is lovely. I like the decals are nice and the table is very simple.

SteveH 11-26-2014 08:28 AM

I love the foot pedal. that looks very delicate.

Rodney 11-26-2014 09:11 AM

Looks like the parlor cabinet is a goner but the head looks good in the pictures. Well worth the $20 IMO.
Rodney

adamae 11-26-2014 09:21 AM

I want a foot pedal just like that to decorate my wall in my sewing area.....lol

xxxxxxxxxx 11-26-2014 03:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
sometimes you just not to not like these machines !!! I wasn't on my buck - it - list to spend the time or money on an other machine. This one is begging to be put back in action ..

It really isn't any where near as bad as it looked to me in those photo's. it is missing very major parts, upper tension, slide plates, every thing on the needle and press bars gone

after a quick oil rude down the color in the graphic's I 'd give a 70/ 75 %. Those would be an fairly simple fit

The cabinet . LOLOL,

It's not a parlor cabinet, maybe this would be called a mission ??? it's so simply built. at this point it looks like the top is missing. one piece of wood on the front and one at the rear and a piece that would have made the bottom. this would have been a cover / box the machine folded into. there was never any type of door on the front. the rear was never fully cover, so far I don't fine any evidence of a support for the top when opened.

I can carry this cabinet with one hand, on my scale it's weight is 18 lbs, the machines weight is 13/14 lbs

you'll see in the photo's how the flywheel is mounted..

years ago on here some one else mention a cabinet they had like this, at least the flywheel mounting ..

This thing look like those furniture items you could buy in the 70's from k mart. the flat knock down box, take it home and put it together .. I wonder if that was the Idea, Theres the old style flat head screws exposed to the outside, it wasn't a fancy Dan cabinet Brunswicks were wards cheapo machine. [ATTACH=CONFIG]500260[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500264[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]500254[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500257[/ATTACH]

xxxxxxxxxx 11-26-2014 04:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well I'm having a photo problem today . Bad news for me. It's been donoriZ'd . I took the face plate off, two screws are missing, well one is the wrong screw the other is a screw stud that is gone..

The slide plates off the national are for a 7" wide bed, this has a 6 1/4" wide bed. otherwise I have it turning free , I have sanded the top it looks workable , Then did measurements This is the smallest 3/4 size machine I now have at this house, it's 3/4" smaller than singer , the other brunswick, new home and nationals

[ATTACH=CONFIG]500267[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]500268[/ATTACH]