Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   More Vintage Sewing Machine Tutorials Coming!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/more-vintage-sewing-machine-tutorials-coming-t101688.html)

gogokim 02-25-2011 02:46 PM

I am super new here. I had been reading your threads and am amazed at the great advice you give. You are very kind.
I have a question about a 221. I bought it off craigslist, got her home and the needle will not catch the bobbin thread. I read something about it possibly being the timing? Would that be something I can fix? Thanks so much.

jljack 02-25-2011 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by gogokim
I am super new here. I had been reading your threads and am amazed at the great advice you give. You are very kind.
I have a question about a 221. I bought it off craigslist, got her home and the needle will not catch the bobbin thread. I read something about it possibly being the timing? Would that be something I can fix? Thanks so much.

It may be that it's threaded wrong. I understand they thread from front to back. Check that first.

jljack 02-25-2011 04:01 PM

OK, Billy, we are super ready for the next set of tutes. I have a new 301a ready to be cleaned and tuned. I'll start with your other tutes, but ready for the next ones, too!! Thanks!! You're the best!

featherweight 02-25-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by gogokim

It may be that it's threaded wrong. I understand they thread from front to back. Check that first.

Do you mean from the right to the left?

Lostn51 02-26-2011 09:01 AM

Okay I will be writing a tute on the electrolysis cleaning this weekend and I will post it Sunday evening. I am working on machines today because I am running so far behind because of the bad weather and all. Yeah my yard was destroyed by 60+ mph winds Thursday night.

Anyway I am doing the cleaning process as we speak!!

Billy

craftiladi 06-06-2011 07:46 AM

Huge Thanks to Billy for sharing all his wonderful knowledge. I was wondering if I missed where the tutorials got posted?

Grandmother23 06-11-2011 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay I will be writing a tute on the electrolysis cleaning this weekend and I will post it Sunday evening. I am working on machines today because I am running so far behind because of the bad weather and all. Yeah my yard was destroyed by 60+ mph winds Thursday night.

Anyway I am doing the cleaning process as we speak!!

Billy

Just a poke. lol