Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My 301 is a hateful thing, but my new Necchi is a beautiful princess (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-301-hateful-thing-but-my-new-necchi-beautiful-princess-t294006.html)

themadpatter 01-12-2018 09:47 PM

My 301 is a hateful thing, but my new Necchi is a beautiful princess

It's moments like this that the acting like a lady rules really cramp my communication. It works great for the engineer, and then works ok for me for a few minutes, and then it stops making stitches and starts skipping them, sometimes making none at all. I'm trying to use it for fmq on the T-shirt Quilt That May Never Be Finished. Yeah. Well, I got a Necchi supernova from SGW and after a little bit of cleaning and coaxing, it is running like the beauty it is. Sigh. Just love me some Necchi, can't help iy. I got it to be a transformer donor for my Mark II, but I'm going to try to finish the benighted quilt first.
Anyway, have any of you ever had this problem with a 301a?

nwm50 01-13-2018 05:25 AM

No problem for me.... I love mine! It's a strong machine. Have you checked the bobbin areas see if it's cleared? Is tension set right? Hope you get it running because if you don't.... send it to me! I'll love to have it ����

lindaschipper 01-13-2018 06:30 AM

Are you using the correct thread for a T-shirt quilt? Somehow it rings a bell with me that a certain type of thread is suppose to be used on t-shirt material.....or was it a certain needle?? Better google it.

janjanq 01-14-2018 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by themadpatter (Post 7981804)
It's moments like this that the acting like a lady rules really cramp my communication. It works great for the engineer, and then works ok for me for a few minutes, and then it stops making stitches and starts skipping them, sometimes making none at all. I'm trying to use it for fmq on the T-shirt Quilt That May Never Be Finished. Yeah. Well, I got a Necchi supernova from SGW and after a little bit of cleaning and coaxing, it is running like the beauty it is. Sigh. Just love me some Necchi, can't help iy. I got it to be a transformer donor for my Mark II, but I'm going to try to finish the benighted quilt first.
Anyway, have any of you ever had this problem with a 301a?

You have a way with words!

WIChix 01-14-2018 05:21 PM

Ball point needle, 15x1 needle with flat side to correct direction, lint n fuzz cleaned out of bobbin area and from under feed dogs, bobbin in case correctly, case seated correctly, upper thread routed correctly.

My 301 is a dream unless I did something wrong. She also acts up if she needs oiling. Good luck!

HelenAnn 01-14-2018 05:56 PM

Not using old thread.

elnan 01-14-2018 07:06 PM

I am so glad that I have my Singer 301A Sewing Machine, love it!