Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Ebay wins . . . one good . . . one missing? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-ebay-wins-one-good-one-missing-t184322.html)

ArizonaKAT 03-29-2012 07:01 AM

My Ebay wins . . . one good . . . one missing?

March 29 I won and paid for a FW. Two days later I won and paid for a 99K crank machine.

My crank machine is on its way and should be here by early next week.

The seller of the FW has not contacted me about shipment nor will she answer my emails to her. I got the machine at a really good price. I hope nothing is wrong. If I don't hear from her by the end of today, I'm going to contact ebay.

I want me FW

kydeb 03-29-2012 07:47 AM

I've got my fingers crossed for you!!

luvTooQuilt 03-29-2012 08:03 AM

I cant say i recall a seller contacting me before.. Item was just normally sent however they specified..

Fingers crossed for you..

jljack 03-29-2012 09:29 AM

March 29?? That's today. How many days since you won it & paid for it? If more than 5, you should be contacting PayPal first to file a complaint. Especially on a high $$ item!!

FLQ 03-30-2012 04:04 AM

Hmmm, that's strange. eBay has that purchase protection. never had a problem so don't know what it covers. I received an empty box with a USPS sticker saying "sorry about the damage" and I was refunded ASAP. I hope it's on its way. Heavy items can take longer. Good luck.

mighty 03-30-2012 09:22 AM

I hope all goes well!!!!

donnajean 03-30-2012 09:29 AM

For small items I usually get a communication from the seller when the item is shipped. I would think that would happen with a larger item like a sewing machine. I would also request packaging inside the Featherweight case to prevent damage. Is insurance included in you shipping?

Rose_P 03-30-2012 12:54 PM

I don't know if the rules may have changed, but the last I looked ebay allowed people 3 days to respond to contact. It's possible some other contingency is keeping this seller from responding promptly. A lot of people have jobs and families and only do ebay on the side. I wouldn't worry yet. A lot of sellers these days don't bother to make contact, but just get your address from Paypal and ship the item after payment is received. You should definitely have received the Paypal email showing the payment was sent. I just hope you got a good seller who will treat that little machine with the respect it deserves, packing it properly. If it arrives in the amount of time estimated in the listing, you shouldn't have to worry, and I doubt eBay will do anything about a delay until it's quite far out of range. Best wishes, and please post pictures when the goodies arrive!

Rumbols 03-30-2012 01:43 PM

Congrats and sorry to hear about your non-communicator. I had this happen to me and reported it to EBay. I got the refund ASAP. Later, I found out the seller sent the machine to a different address. Once he got it back, I got first dibs and ended up with the machine for 20 dollars less than the original selling price. So report it to Ebay and let them take care of you. Good luck.

Nagi 03-30-2012 08:29 PM

Give the seller a couple of days~ if you don't get your baby by then report:mad:report, Good luck