Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Featherweight Story (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-featherweight-story-t254938.html)

Mrs. SewNSew 10-08-2014 12:58 PM

Candace, wasn't that ad a shocker? I was so surprised to open it up and see Featherweights! Skyangel, I have a few machines that have been named after the owners. Sometimes the name just sticks with me and I can't shake it!

It must have been the right machine for me because the stars all aligned perfectly for me to get it. I feel very lucky to have it.

Jeanette Frantz 10-08-2014 04:18 PM

Your FW is in excellent condition, her decals are very well preserved, from what I see in the photo. Wonderful story. I'm glad you got the machine. The old White that I was given was given to me because I "sew" and sew and sew, and sew some more. The folks who are giving me the machine are clients of the office where I work, and the machine belonged to her mother. She doesn't sew and she wanted someone to have the machine who would use it!

Jeanette

LynnVT 10-08-2014 04:41 PM

Oh, she's beautiful! And the case looks great too. Do you know his mother's name? I'd ask and call her that. I think the seller was happy because you were so nice, and he must be happy someone will appreciate his mom's machine. Happy sewing!

Mrs. SewNSew 10-08-2014 05:08 PM

Jeanette, It really is in very nice condition. The decals have a couple worn spots in the front line but overall she is very pretty and the nice part is she runs very well. :)

jeanharville 10-08-2014 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH (Post 6920104)
WOW, call that machine Lucky!!! hehe

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. :thumbup:

ScubaK 10-08-2014 05:42 PM

Your case looks better than mine for sure...
My FW was stored near the salty waters of Gig Harbor so there is some corrosion. I am like you though...do I want one or do I not. I certainly did not NEED one. Then this pops up. The gentleman that had it was a Scot and oh so nice of an older man and his wife played piano...They were good people... I would be interested in the serial number of yours...I wonder if they are similar since we got them so close together.
Kirsten

bonniemanley 10-08-2014 06:05 PM

Good job. Hope you get many years outa her. Love mine. Good story. Need to write this all down and store it with the machine.

csharp 10-08-2014 06:15 PM

Exciting time for you, anyway that's how I felt when I got mine...now have 4 all earmarked for grand daughters, but I am using a couple of them till they say they are ready to use them. Congrats!!..loved your story.

psychonurse 10-09-2014 03:59 AM

Congrats it always pays to be fair and honest. Enjoy your new Girl. She's a beauty.

missmay 10-09-2014 04:05 AM

Wow, good story and glad you got your Featherweight at a great price and some magazines to boot.