Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My first Bonnet Fiddle base Treadle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-first-bonnet-fiddle-base-treadle-t241063.html)

Sunflowerzz 02-13-2014 09:23 PM

My first Bonnet Fiddle base Treadle

7 Attachment(s)
:thumbup: My husband and I drove to Redding yesterday to look at a Bonnet Fiddle base Treadle. It was lovely. She needs some work cosmetically and some attention to the wood but over all very nice. I have great provenance with her and she was a steal at $60.00. I did a little research and found out she is a variation on the painted roses decal theme. She has roses, daisies and bluebells or bluebonnets. I fell in love with the little blue flowers and daisies.

Because her daisies look like Shasta daisies and we bought her in Shasta county and you can see beautiful MT. Shasta off in the distance I have named her Shasta. We bundled her up carefully for her ride home in the back of the truck and she now resides in the living room.

Thanks to Anastasia for the jump start. ;) You knew I would fall for her once I saw her didn't you??!!

What is the little doohickey next to the wood dowel in the last pic? One is missing on the table top. Also I can't see anyway to keep the fold up leaf on the left raised up. It looks like a middle hinge or something might be missing.

oldsewnsew 02-13-2014 09:36 PM

Wow! That's a really beautiful Singer!

Monroe 02-13-2014 11:54 PM

Gorgeous! I love the floral decals but have never found one in decent condition.

Macybaby 02-14-2014 03:03 AM

Very pretty!

When ever I see one like this - I have to remind myself that I "don't want any fiddle base Singers" over and over.

Sure glad you got this one - I can look at pictures and enjoy without trying to find room!

manicmike 02-14-2014 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz (Post 6573768)
What is the little doohickey next to the wood dowel in the last pic? One is missing on the table top. Also I can't see anyway to keep the fold up leaf on the left raised up. It looks like a middle hinge or something might be missing.

It looks exactly like mine (I had to check it was still there!). There should be two of those brass things that the lid hinges on.

ThayerRags 02-14-2014 04:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The leaf support brackets get ripped loose from the drop-leaf cabinets fairly regularly. Too much weight on the leaf causes the wood drawer hanger piece where they’re attached to split. It probably looked something like the one in this photo.

CD in Oklahoma

GreyQ 02-14-2014 05:26 AM

That's a beautiful machine and a great deal!

tropit 02-14-2014 05:31 AM

Oh...that is a beaut! And, a fabulous price too! I too love those floral decals. What a sweet sewing machine. Do you plan to do anything to her? She really is pretty just the way she is.
~Cindy

Blackberry 02-14-2014 06:24 AM

I have one like this but yours is in a little better condition than mine. Beautiful machine.

Rodney 02-14-2014 06:58 AM

I love the floral decals. Great find!
Rodney