Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My first Rescue! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-first-rescue-t229326.html)

lovelyl 09-03-2013 03:51 AM

Congrats! The machine looks "show room" new!

Living4Him 09-03-2013 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sheluma (Post 6270867)
She's gorgeous! Congrats! I love the blue and tan color combo, the red markings on the throat plate, and the trapezoidal slide plate. I don't think I've seen that before. It looks like the cabinet was modified (the hinge pins moved) to fit this machine. Somebody loved it at one time, but it doesn't looked much used. Super clean inside and out! But it is sad that the woman had to give away all her stuff.

It was really sad :( I didn't know all the details but her whole house was left behind. The saddest part was the little kids room with their little toys.
I was noticing that about the machine cabinet. It looks like someone made new anchor spots. One is loose. I hope I can figure out how to fix that spot.
When I first brought it home I couldn't find the bobbin. After I looked closer I saw that the cabinet opens in front, Yes, Im new to this :) and there it was!! I found the bobbin.
I might have some questions about this as I go. Hopefully you all won't get tired of me asking them. The beige little wheels that the belt runs on, it is dry and cracked. Can I get those pretty easily?
Miriam, I added it to that thread :) thanks!

miriam 09-03-2013 06:00 AM

You can get all kinds of parts from Sew-classic! Yes she has those little tires. Get a free motion foot too, you will love playing with that.

Blackberry 09-03-2013 06:18 AM

Oh, I love it. Such a pretty color. Looks to be nearly new. Congratulations and free is always good.

mighty 09-03-2013 06:53 AM

Awesome machine!

Mariposa 09-03-2013 06:57 AM

Fabulous rescue! Congrats, and happy sewing!

tessagin 09-03-2013 07:01 AM

Prayers from the gulf for the woman's dire situation. To just say take anything almost like she has nothing else to live for. I am happy for you to receive such a beauty though. I do hope she was able to receive some monetary donations.

Carol34446 09-03-2013 08:22 AM

Poor Lady and lucky you. I would sand the cabinet and paint it a blue to match the machine, easier than stripping and refinishing, and if wood is not good quality, would look better too. You can get so many neat paint colors today. Glad for the machine too and a question is NEVER dumb, cause while we may not have thought of the question and you did, you need an answer and someone on here will have it. A really great educational bunch.

crafty pat 09-03-2013 08:30 AM

You are so lucky. That is a great little machine, you will get a lot of use from it.

Wanabee Quiltin 09-03-2013 09:41 AM

Wow, this is so clean, looks almost brand new. You were very lucky indeed !