Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My new baby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-new-baby-t297480.html)

Tiny Tigger 06-08-2018 02:29 PM

My new baby

2 Attachment(s)
A necchi bu nova, in a wood cabinet. Saw it on a FB marketplace ad, but the table was closed, so I asked to see pics of it and if it worked (it runs beautifully). Long story short, is now mine and hubby can't complain too much as it doesn't take up much room and it was only 25$ lol. Time to go play with it now![ATTACH=CONFIG]595752[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595753[/ATTACH]

KalamaQuilts 06-08-2018 02:47 PM

what fun, nice find

Tiny Tigger 06-08-2018 06:20 PM

I know it may not be one of the super rare/desirable ones, but I was just tickled to find it, and couldn't beat the price, so count me a happy camper. Just need to find a bobbin cover/throat plate and needle plate for it. Was so excited I didn't even notice they were missing lol

NZquilter 06-09-2018 02:47 AM

Nice find! New toys are always fun!

Mickey2 06-09-2018 08:23 AM

It's a gem, and if it was too rare and exceptional you would hardly dare to use it much at all. I love the early swing arm zigzaggers, these are still possible to clean, fix up and give a DIY service with out finding a repair shop. There is a Necchi Yahoo Group, they are coverting to something new over there and I haven't looked much into it, but I think it's still there. The cams and stitch patern accessories are quite sought after on these.

Cari-in-Oly 06-09-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mickey2 (Post 8073370)
It's a gem, and if it was too rare and exceptional you would hardly dare to use it much at all. I love the early swing arm zigzaggers, these are still possible to clean, fix up and give a DIY service with out finding a repair shop. There is a Necchi Yahoo Group, they are coverting to something new over there and I haven't looked much into it, but I think it's still there. The cams and stitch patern accessories are quite sought after on these.

Mickey the Nova doesn't take cams, it's basically just a second version BU. It's the BU Nora that takes cams.

Cari

Mickey2 06-09-2018 09:57 AM

The picture is a bit blurry, but I thought I saw part of the stitch cam function under the bobbin winder. It's hard to tell what it. It's this type of cam function I was thinking of, but this is for a Mira wich is very similar. I have had my eyes out for a Necchis, and they turn up only once or twice a year near me; at least at a reasonable distance and price. Either way, it's doesn't matter much, I would happily settle for a swing arm model with a nice neat satin stitch.

Cari-in-Oly 06-09-2018 12:56 PM

Ah, yes, the wonder wheel. I can't remember if any Novas came equipped for a wonder wheel; some Noras did.

Cari

Tiny Tigger 06-09-2018 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a better pic of that area. [ATTACH=CONFIG]595791[/ATTACH]

I had almost gone to the yard sale it was at that morning, because I saw the closed cabinet in one of the pics, but hubby had already went to bed, so I just sent a message asking for more pics of it. When she got back to me that afternoon, she had said they were asking 50$ for it earlier, but as the afternoon wore on, they dropped it to 25$. Even at 50$ I would have considered it a good buy, but having it dropped by half was icing on the cake lol. I've never sewn on a necchi, so I am still learning about it. Wasn't sure if that part was for cams or was a function of the bobbin. Still doing research on it. Did manage to find someone with a needle plate to sell, and a few feet, so just need to find the bobbin case cover now. Going to wait till we actually get moved and settled before giving her a good clean and oil :)

Treadle&Gears 06-09-2018 10:38 PM

The tolerances on Necchi machines are close, so be sure to keep your new friend oiled and very clean. I have a pink ‘59 NA Nora with the cams. It took a while to get it completely ungummed, and then about four hours to fix the zigzag, but well worth it. Congrats on your find! I think you will really like it.

K