Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My new Featherweight!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-new-featherweight-t60847.html)

LindaR 08-23-2010 05:57 AM

call singer and find out when she was born...mine was Oct. 25,1947....somehow I love knowing that LOL

sueisallaboutquilts 08-23-2010 06:19 AM

Linda, I know what you mean. Mine was born around 1951- it has the newer plate. Wanted the old one but I am so thrilled I
don't care. I feel like a little kid with a new toy sewing on her. Just amazing!! I have the date somewhere :) She's the prettiest old girl I know!!! lol

sueisallaboutquilts 08-23-2010 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Susy
Aren't they just something else, I love my "PITa" more & more every time I use her.

Susy, what does that stand for?? I haven't had enough coffee yet ha ha

Charlee 08-23-2010 06:28 AM

Ah Sue...she's beautiful!! You did good with this one Sweetie!! :) Tell me more...do you have the serial number? Looks like you got a buttonholer with her? Where did you find her? And of course...how much? :lol:

Quilt4u 08-23-2010 06:29 AM

Congrats on your new baby.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-23-2010 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Ah Sue...she's beautiful!! You did good with this one Sweetie!! :) Tell me more...do you have the serial number? Looks like you got a buttonholer with her? Where did you find her? And of course...how much? :lol:

Yippee!! I got Charlee's blessing!! Hey, you can be her godmother okay?? hee hee

Okay, the facts:
Got her on Ebay for 212.00- she came completely serviced from a shop, even the case smells clean! Loads of goodies included. Serial number is AH640680, maybe 1951 or so??? Original book intact. That book is fun to read. For example there is a title called
"Commence sewing" How cute is that? I love words and that jumped out at me. My husband wants me to have her on display when not in use b/c we love antiques. But I don't want her to get dusty and cat hairy. I'm sooooooooo excited!!
Thanks everyone, for sharing in my excitement!

Update: I'm confused- her serial number is 1948 but she has the newer plate. Anyone know why??? I hope they didn't change plates on me. She was born in Elizabeth NJ too

Susy 08-23-2010 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Aren't they just something else, I love my "PITa" more & more every time I use her.

Hubby named her (Pain in the ***) because he said that's what I was for a week after getting her(I couldn't stop showing the stitches, shining, displaying, packing it around, I have 2 other machines but they aren't cute!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-23-2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Hubby named her (Pain in the ***) because he said that's what I was for a week after getting her(I couldn't stop showing the stitches, shining, displaying, packing it around, I have 2 other machines but they aren't cute!

hahahahah too funny!! :D

Bmanmommy 08-23-2010 07:09 AM

Very nice

Luckynumber7 08-23-2010 08:17 AM

She's very pretty! Congratulations.