Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My "New" Singer 66-16 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-new-singer-66-16-a-t185241.html)

LauraRG 04-06-2012 12:20 PM

My "New" Singer 66-16

2 Attachment(s)
My DBF and I just bought a house and by my request the sellers left the sewing machine. When I requested it be part of the sale I didn't really know what it was, all I really knew was that the cabinet was in very nice condition.

It turns out the machine is a 1952 66-16 in terrific condition. It sews well, is shiny and clean and has been serviced by the same guy I take my machines to. It even has the original lubricants, book and all the attachments. As a bonus, the seat was filled with vintage notions... I am enclosing photos, check out the happy, smiling woman with the iron!

Laura

Muv 04-06-2012 01:21 PM

Great find. I especially love all the extras - don't kill yourself shovelling snow! And those safety pins aren't even rusty.

Charlee 04-06-2012 01:24 PM

NICE!! :) Love that pink heart!

LauraRG 04-06-2012 04:58 PM

The pink heart is the most adorable little needle/pin case... probably my favorite of all those sweet notions. The ephemera will probably go into a shadowbox when I start decorating my new sewing space.

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5121675)
NICE!! :) Love that pink heart!

nanna-up-north 04-07-2012 08:29 AM

Very nice...... Congratulations on the new house and the new machine.

callen 04-08-2012 04:43 AM

What a terrific deal !! So smart of you. Beautiful machine & cabinet & all those other little goodies.

SharynE 04-08-2012 05:01 AM

Hi, I didn't get any attachments with mine, and only one bobbin. No problem though. I am just glad to see someone else with the same machine as mine, I think mine is a 42. I will look to buy a few of the attachments as I go,Yours is really nice and hope you enjoy it . Congrats!

Stitchnripper 04-08-2012 06:26 AM

How nice! But, as for the smiling woman with the iron, I am one of those rare people who enjoys ironing!! And, I have two friends who enjoy it too. We discuss irons, ironing board covers, etc. Do we need help or what???

ppquilter 04-08-2012 06:31 AM

Good score for you! I ONLY iron for quilting.............NO CLOTHES! Got an iron for a wedding present and promptly gave it away 35 years ago, if you don't start those nasty habits you don't have to keep them up!

LauraRG 04-08-2012 08:58 AM

Thanks for all the nice comments... I am not a big fan of ironing either, but I have fond memories of talking with my mother as she did the ironing (I bet she couldn't find her iron now if her life depended on it!)

My DBF had several friends help us with the move... they all just scratched their heads as they carried in a treadle, 2 other machines in tables and 4 machines in cases, and placed them all next to this one. They just couldn't understand why on earth I have so many!! I told them sewing machines are like men - not all are super good looking, some have more features and they are fun to play with... but unlike men, it's ok to have several and the maintainence and upkeep is so much easier!!