Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Newest Addition (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-newest-addition-t246905.html)

Blackberry 05-16-2014 01:33 PM

My Newest Addition

6 Attachment(s)
I always tell myself I have enough sewing machines and there just isn't room for anymore, but when I saw this machine at the local thrift store I just couldn't pass it up. Besides, I don't have a Necchi, so there. It will be OK.
This is a lovely Necchi machine and the color is more of a salmon color than a tan. She runs very quietly but I haven't had time to do any maintenance or cleaning on her. However, from the looks of her I don't think she will require much in the way of cleaning. She came with a number of different accessories some of which I don't know about. There are three different needle plates besides the one on the machine and I can't imagine what the others are for. The accessory with the white top is another one I am unfamiliar with. There is a Necchi needle threader which I think will come in right handy as my eyesight is beginning to fail. (I need a flashlight at every machine). It was bargain day at the thrift store so I got her for $31. The cabinet looks to be in very good shape. I found a manual on line for a Leila 513 but I think the 515 has cams. Other than that would the 513 manual be almost the same for the 515. I have checked ebay for cams but nothing is listed. Are the parts for the Necchi readily available. Also I would appreciate any info that any of you might be able to share about this little beauty.

Ivey 05-16-2014 01:36 PM

Wow! She looks almost brand new! Congrats on your find, very pretty!

liking quilting 05-16-2014 01:56 PM

I wouldn't have been able to pass that up either. She's a beauty!

Prim Quilts 05-16-2014 02:11 PM

She's a very clean machine. Congratulations!

mlmack 05-16-2014 04:05 PM

Very nice.

Not sure which white top attachment you are talking about. If it is the one on the right in the picture, it looks like a seam guide. If you meant the one at the upper left, with the numbers on it, I would say it might go in that hole to the right of the NECCHI on the front of the machine, though I don't know for sure. My Automatic Supernova has a numbered dial in that location.

Mariposa 05-16-2014 04:41 PM

Pretty machine! A great find. Happy sewing on your new beauty!

Sunflowerzz 05-16-2014 06:49 PM

Ohhhhh, ya done good!!!:thumbup:

quiltsRfun 05-16-2014 07:15 PM

What a great find. I don't think I could pass it up either. It looks to me like one of the needle plates is for zig zag and one for straight stitch. The other appears to cover the feed dogs and could be for free motion stitching.

mimi=17 05-17-2014 04:42 AM

OH so Pretty.

Tink's Mom 05-17-2014 07:10 AM

Any idea on what the white piece is used for? The one with the numbers on it...
Could that be possible be a cam for zig zag?