Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Pink Sewing Machine (a Learning Experience!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-pink-sewing-machine-learning-experience-t263983.html)

MFord 04-13-2015 08:45 PM

My Pink Sewing Machine (a Learning Experience!)

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]516844[/ATTACH]Just won this baby on Goodwill Online for $9.51!! Yippee Skippeeee!!! Until I saw that they're charging me $62 for shipping and handling :mad::mad::mad:

Note to self: check S&H before bidding on anything!

I do want a pink machine, though.

quiltingcandy 04-13-2015 08:58 PM

If you really don't want it for that price you can write them and decline it. When I wanted a Featherweight I bid on so many and after I got one I didn't realize my other bids were still out there - so I got a second one because I could pick it up locally but there were 2 others and so I wrote them and said I didn't want them and it was fine.

Sewnoma 04-14-2015 05:18 AM

Pink is definitely NOT my color but I like the lines and the overall look of this machine. If it were turquoise and white I'd be super jealous right now!

KalamaQuilts 04-14-2015 05:34 AM

It takes about an hour to properly pack a sewing machine. Employees have to be paid...
There are at least a dozen threads here about how machines arrive when just locked into their case and shipped.
And the postage is probably around $40.00.

tessagin 04-14-2015 05:42 AM

if I can't get it local, I take in the drive factor cost gas. If you can get something for a few bucks is it still worth the money? I went to SA yesterday and they still had a very broken, missing parts machine for 29.99. I passed. It's been there for months. Not even close to as nice as the worst ones seen on this board. Saturday is usually 50% off everything of original price. They wouldn't mark the machine down to 15.00 because it was already marked at 50%.

SewExtremeSeams 04-14-2015 05:51 AM

Ooops, sorry. But like you said, lesson learned.

Waving wildly from the other end of town!

SunlitenSmiles 04-14-2015 06:05 AM

Still trying to wrap my mind around bidding on more than one machine at a time.....even a Singer Featherweight which I really hope to have someday. :wave::sew: (do not let my 301A which I sew with everyday for 55+ years read this, 301A has my heart)

19cats 04-14-2015 07:55 AM

If it's any consolation, the one machine I ever got shipped from Goodwill was outstandingly packed. To feel even better, price a low end plastic sewing machine at a big box store.

ManiacQuilter2 04-14-2015 08:19 AM

Yes, shipping charges are so high when bidding online!!

DresiArnaz 04-14-2015 08:38 AM

If it sews really well and becomes a work horse I would think you still got a good deal in spite of the shipping charges