Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My puppy's quilt. Made on a treadle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-puppys-quilt-made-treadle-t60516.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 08-20-2010 06:15 PM

Awwwwwwww, what a cutie!! And she knows you made her something with lots of love!! :D
Thanks for sharing!

Lostn51 08-20-2010 06:27 PM

Awwwww I love it!!!

See she can feel Mommies love put in it, and talk about cute.....
:-D :-D

And you did a wonderful job with the treadle and the quilt looks great! I am just so proud of you, can you tell I am doing the happy dance over here?!?!

Pretty soon you will put away you newfangled machine and only be using the treadle.

Billy<<<<<<Happy Dancing Away!!!!

AbbyQuilts 08-20-2010 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Awwwww I love it!!!

See she can feel Mommies love put in it, and talk about cute.....
:-D :-D

And you did a wonderful job with the treadle and the quilt looks great! I am just so proud of you, can you tell I am doing the happy dance over here?!?!

Pretty soon you will put away you newfangled machine and only be using the treadle.

Billy<<<<<<Happy Dancing Away!!!!

Aww thanks Billy it was with your encouragement and seeing Lolas quilt that I wanted to attempt something
I gotta tell you. It did a LOT Better then when I sew on my newfangled machines lol
I only messed up one intersection on lining up normally my quilts are all messed up..... but shhhhh dont tell no one lol.

Thank you everyone
I adore my little sassy girl she is the best dog.
She is only 10 but for a Chihuahua she is aging fast.
I hope I get another 10 years out of her but if not I want her to know she is loved everyday.

Lostn51 08-20-2010 06:40 PM

I am honored that I could give inspiration on a project and it really makes me happy that it was done all on a treadle!! That is the best compliment anyone could ever pay me. And did you not love your Singer 66 and how smooth it sewn.

I am still doing the happy dance here and so is Sassy!!!

Billy

pab58 08-20-2010 06:49 PM

WOW!!! You did a great job on your puppy's quilt!! It's quite obvious pup thinks so, too!! Just look at that happy little face!!! :lol:

Lori L 08-20-2010 06:56 PM

I just showed DH and he's asking when I'm going to make a quilt for our three dogs. Two of them already weight >100lbs and the puppy is on her way there. I think I'd better plan on a kingsize. LOL. By the way.....I have a treadle coming my way from my husband's grandmother. Can't wait to get my hands on it and try it out. I'm sure I'll be asking for help getting it cleaned up and running.

Toto's Mom 08-20-2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby's Girl
So sweet--the quilt AND your darling companion.

Adorable!!! I made my Toto a little fleece Winnie the Pooh blanket, and he hauls it around and chomps holes in it. He thinks of it as a security blankie, and a toy, too. Your baby is as cute as his quilt!

annieshane 08-20-2010 07:23 PM

I just had to add my awwwwwww to your touching story. We also have a little darling and can't imagine life without her. It is apparent that Sassy loves her quilt. It must have really made your day brighter.

Good job on the tredle. So glad you are happy with the tredle and Sassy's love of her quilt. Aren't those little things just the smartiest!!!

CarrieAnne 08-20-2010 07:35 PM

Aw, Sassy is really cute! Such a sweet face, I THINK she is smailing about her quilt. Nice job!!!!!

MaryStoaks 08-20-2010 08:29 PM

Very nice quilt. They don't come any cuter than your sweetie dog.