Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Vintage Christmas Toys (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-vintage-christmas-toys-t237293.html)

ThayerRags 12-23-2013 04:32 PM

My Vintage Christmas Toys

3 Attachment(s)
I got a couple of early Christmas Toys today. I know it’s a little early, but I have to consider them Christmas toys. I can play with them on Christmas Day! Woohoo! A pair of Vintage Singer Belt Pliers, and a 1901 Singer 27K2 Handcrank/Treadle that’s missing its belt (amongst other things).

Anyone else get any toys yet?

CD in Oklahoma

jlhmnj 12-23-2013 05:09 PM

Nice gifts, someone knows how to shop.

Jon

Rodney 12-23-2013 07:53 PM

Nice! I don't think I've ever seen the pliers. Now you have just the right tool to replace the belt on your treadle. Great Sphinx decals and coffin top on your 27.
Rodney

caroloto 12-23-2013 07:58 PM

nice! Great toys for Christmas!

vmaniqui 12-23-2013 10:55 PM

i guess you've been good this year. nice toys CD.

manicmike 12-24-2013 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6471320)
I got a couple of early Christmas Toys today. I know it’s a little early, but I have to consider them Christmas toys. I can play with them on Christmas Day! Woohoo! A pair of Vintage Singer Belt Pliers, and a 1901 Singer 27K2 Handcrank/Treadle that’s missing its belt (amongst other things).

Anyone else get any toys yet?

Your toys are really nice: I'd love a set of those pliers. That hand crank doesn't go with that cabinet, so what a bonus! It matches the machine, so it's likely the machine was originally in one of those shallow bases.
Great finds CD.

I picked up a 411g, another two 201s and have yet to pick up an unknown model Singer industrial (because the guy refuses to contact me so I can pick it up - won it on eBay for $6.26). Likely will keep the industrial if I ever see it and maybe the 411g.
Oh there go some fireworks: Just about to become Christmas day here.

ThayerRags 12-24-2013 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike (Post 6471881)
...... That hand crank doesn't go with that cabinet, so what a bonus! It matches the machine, so it's likely the machine was originally in one of those shallow bases.
....I picked up a 411g......

Hi Mike,

Actually, the handcrank may have come out with that cabinet. I’ve seen (photos of) other units set up this way, like maybe they were meant for dual-duty? In this particular treadle cabinet, the machine head is removed from the cabinet by simply pressing a metal tab and lifting the machine. No screws or bolts to mess with.

The head has feet underneath to allow it to set flat on a table top, so it conceivably could be removed from the treadle cabinet, placed on a table top in another room for use by hand, and then later placed back in the treadle for storage. It wouldn’t necessarily need a base, since storage protection would be provided by the treadle cabinet. Portability within a small space, if you will? I don’t know if this is the way it was marketed, but it could be used in that manner.

Congratulations on getting a 411G! I’ve had my eye out for a 401G or 411G, but I haven’t found one yet. My wife and I are definitely 401A fans, and I would love to get a treadle-able model in my collection.

CD in Oklahoma

pocoellie 12-24-2013 08:19 AM

You must have been a good girl this year. LOL Beautiful machine and very useful tool. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the pliers? I have a Singer treadle that needs a belt.

mighty 12-24-2013 09:11 AM

Great gifts!!!!

KLO 12-24-2013 01:39 PM

Boy, I could have used those pliers a couple of years ago when I was attaching a new belt to my Pfaff treadle. Instead I used an ice pick ..... jabbed myself into the meaty part of my hand just under my thumb. Thankfully, I pulled back just in time so that although I had a small puncture wound, my tetanus shot was up to date and no infection. Whew! Won't be doing that dumb thing again.