Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   My Weed has arrived!! (NO!! Not that kind!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/my-weed-has-arrived-no-not-kind-t243954.html)

Quiltbeagle 03-27-2014 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6646039)
OH Cool!. Love that foot shaped treadle pedal. :)

Joe

Me too! :thumbup:

SteveH 03-27-2014 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6646677)
Is that machine a friction drive? Way cool if it is.
Rodney

Nope, it is belt driven.

tessagin 03-27-2014 09:02 AM

Most have a GPS and should show where it was delivered. I dislike UPS a lot.

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6646166)
It is a delightful machine. I am so relieved it made it ok. Wow they sure did beat up the boxes. A couple of the boxes were a little close in size for my comfort. I'm hoping everything unpacks ok. That was over 100 lbs for that little old machine.

I have a UPS shipment that went AWOL yesterday and UPS thinks they delivered it. I was here the whole time. No truck and no delivery. I called the 800 number and was told it was delivered. I checked on line - they said it was delivered. I WENT TO THEIR STORE and they checked on line and called.... (they said it was delivered. LIARS.) Other than check, the store said they can't do anything about it. They said the sender has to look into it. I bet if they do check into it they get told it was delivered. LIARS. I think as long as I live I won't ship anything UPS.

GrammieJan 03-27-2014 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6646166)
It is a delightful machine. I am so relieved it made it ok. Wow they sure did beat up the boxes. A couple of the boxes were a little close in size for my comfort. I'm hoping everything unpacks ok. That was over 100 lbs for that little old machine.

I have a UPS shipment that went AWOL yesterday and UPS thinks they delivered it. I was here the whole time. No truck and no delivery. I called the 800 number and was told it was delivered. I checked on line - they said it was delivered. I WENT TO THEIR STORE and they checked on line and called.... (they said it was delivered. LIARS.) Other than check, the store said they can't do anything about it. They said the sender has to look into it. I bet if they do check into it they get told it was delivered. LIARS. I think as long as I live I won't ship anything UPS.

I had occasion to know that UPS sometimes messes up...my story turned out well, but could have been like your situation. I had 2 separate orders from Amazon, and both were to be delivered on the same day. One pkg did arrive, and i brought it inside...thinking "where is the second pkg?" Amazon always sends me a text notice saying my pkg hd been delivered. About a half hour later I got another text..the other pkg had been delivered...hmmm, something strange going on here.
In a few minutes a lady (whom I did not know) came to my door and said UPS had left the pkg at her house! Go figure!

miriam 03-27-2014 09:38 AM

Still no UPS here...
Steve it is looking good. I was worried that you wouldn't find the screws.

GreyQ 03-27-2014 09:52 AM

I love the foot treadles!

Cogito 03-27-2014 01:40 PM

Very curious Miriam....please keep us posted!

miriam 03-27-2014 01:42 PM

No UPS and Goodwill has not responded to my emails in any ways shape or form. GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR. Only the sender can make a claim - well at least that's what the website shows.

Gerbie 03-28-2014 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6645923)
OH Boy, I'll bet the Feds spy network just perked up it's ears with the title of this thread ... :D.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you got in all those boxes.

Joe

Don't you just know they really perked up!! At least this thread title probably took them away from all of their "important" spying!! I love that foot treadle shape.

Rodney 03-28-2014 06:07 AM

It's still a very cool machine even without the friction drive. It must have been the angle of the first picture that fooled me. Enjoy your weed Steve and kudos to Miriam for getting it to you intact.
Rodney