Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Necchi BF (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/necchi-bf-t172989.html)

Grannyh67 12-23-2011 06:45 PM

Necchi BF

3 Attachment(s)
OK, I bought another machine today. It is made in Italy and and is a Necchi # under the base is 703391 . It says Model BF, I know the BF means it is straight stitch only. I just want to know if anyone else has any one of these machines and are they a good machine. I sews pretty good. I just need a manual so I will know more about it. If anyone out there can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I am posting a Pic also.

Grannyh67 12-23-2011 06:48 PM

I also wanted to say it has lots of attachments of which most I know but some I don't know.

jaciqltznok 12-23-2011 07:01 PM

oh how pretty....these are workhorse machines...have fun with her!

lonestardreams 12-23-2011 07:23 PM

There is a Yahoo group for Necchi machines. Maybe they can help you.

lfstamper 12-23-2011 07:25 PM

Very nice job! Enjoy.

krista 12-23-2011 10:24 PM

very nice!

Grannyh67 12-24-2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4806550)
oh how pretty....these are workhorse machines...have fun with her!

That is what I have heard Jacquie. I just hope I can find out a few things about Her. I have joined the Group on Vintage Necchi's. It looks great and sews good but I am not too sure of some of the adjustments on Her. I have names Her Ruby.
I'm waiting to see if I can get a manual for Her . Merry Christmas to you and your Family. Granny

Linda from Clinton 12-24-2011 05:19 PM

Hi Granny, I have my Mom's old Necchi (she has passed away) that I used as my first sewing machine many years ago. I have some extra parts too. I'm not sure if I have the manual or not. I'm not near my machine right now. It used to be in a cabinet similiar to yours. But we had changed it so it could be portable. Talk about heavy. But it's still an excellant machine my little Annie (Mom's name). If you will email me some time next week only to remind me, I will check and see what model it is and if it still has the manual. With it being Christmas tomorrow I know I won't be able to check on that for you. I have many happy memories with that machine. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Linda from Clinton

Grannyh67 12-25-2011 08:00 AM

Manuel on Necchi BF

Originally Posted by Linda from Clinton (Post 4808862)
Hi Granny, I have my Mom's old Necchi (she has passed away) that I used as my first sewing machine many years ago. I have some extra parts too. I'm not sure if I have the manual or not. I'm not near my machine right now. It used to be in a cabinet similiar to yours. But we had changed it so it could be portable. Talk about heavy. But it's still an excellant machine my little Annie (Mom's name). If you will email me some time next week only to remind me, I will check and see what model it is and if it still has the manual. With it being Christmas tomorrow I know I won't be able to check on that for you. I have many happy memories with that machine. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Linda from Clinton

Linda, that would be great. This one is heavy to. It sews a beautiful stitch. I am just not sure of a lot of things. I got this one from a Veterans resale shop. These things are donated to the Veterans store and sold. I understand the proceeds go toward to the Veterans. I paid $40.00 for Her. I names Her Ruby after my DMIL, since passed. She would have loved this old machine. I will email you and thanks again. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Granny

rosiewell 12-25-2011 11:00 AM

Hi Grannyh67, my mom used to work for Necchi teaching new buyer how to use the machine back in the 60's and 70's, she loved the machine and I still have one which I keep for sentimental reasons. Don't see many around anymore.