Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Need HELP Identifying a Treadle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/need-help-identifying-treadle-t168094.html)

wuv2quilt 11-13-2011 07:30 PM

Need HELP Identifying a Treadle

8 Attachment(s)
Bought 4 machines off CL.....saw this Dirty, unwanted baby, and fell in love. Yes, she needs LOTS of TLC.
I'm just not sure of the maker, and I have found NO numbers / plate / tag, etc. So, here she is....any help or info will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Beckie / wuv2quilt

The last pic is of the items that came with her.

Charlee 11-13-2011 07:37 PM

It's an early National...

wuv2quilt 11-13-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4676306)
It's an early National...

Thanks Charlee....I figured you might know :thumbup:

ndnchf 11-14-2011 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It looks very similar to my Foley & Williams New Model.

irishrose 11-14-2011 08:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It looks very much like my 1928 Leader made by National. The cabinet is made in an identical fashion, just different carvings and I think the machine is very much the same, too.

BarbaraSue 11-14-2011 05:07 PM

Can't help you on the name, but she is pretty. Just needs a good bath, and removal of all the old makeup she is wearing. She'll be the peach of the sewing room. :)

wuv2quilt 11-14-2011 07:39 PM

Yep, I can see the beauty underneath just wanting to come out.....I think I'll have to find someone to do the make over though. I tried Billy's tute on cleaning your machine, on one of my other machines.....and did fine until a little spring popped out of the tension assembly......can't figure out how to get that sucker back in for no man's money....so off my 151 Rotary goes to the sewing repair shop:( I'm going to leave my treadle baby to the pros :o

jljack 11-15-2011 01:01 PM

Don't give up on cleaning the machine yourself. If you can't do the tension assembly by taking it apart (and why wouldn't you....they are very easy!), then do all the other cleaning before you take it to the LSMG. Take pics of any trouble areas and someone on here will walk you through it. All the tensioners work basically the same....just some are a little different, but not much. That's why we are here....to help!! :)

quilt addict 11-15-2011 02:13 PM

That's a supper find. Stick with it. You can do it. I had something fly off the first tensioner that I took apart. There is help here. Your LSMG will not love it like you do after the work.

wuv2quilt 11-15-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 4683328)
Don't give up on cleaning the machine yourself. If you can't do the tension assembly by taking it apart (and why wouldn't you....they are very easy!), then do all the other cleaning before you take it to the LSMG. Take pics of any trouble areas and someone on here will walk you through it. All the tensioners work basically the same....just some are a little different, but not much. That's why we are here....to help!! :)

Thanks Janice, I'll take some pics of my 151 Rotary, and see if any of ya'll can walk me thru it. :thumbup: