Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Need to know about Pfaff 360 261 sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/need-know-about-pfaff-360-261-sewing-machine-t209108.html)

annievee 12-23-2012 01:12 PM

Need to know about Pfaff 360 261 sewing machine

Hi, i have an opportunity to buy a Pfaff 360-261 sewing machine--yes, an older machine and was wondering if there were thoughts on it before I buy. Never had a Pfaff, just Singer machines that run like a John Deere ! It comes with manual and all kind of parts. Hoping someone could tell me more about it. Merry Christmas, Annie

Candace 12-23-2012 03:27 PM

What are you needing to know? Make sure it does all the stitches before buying. Just because it does a straight stitch doesn't mean it's in full working order. They're not cheap or easy to work on. I love mine, but they can be very labor intensive machines if not working correctly. Parts are very expensive so make sure all cords are there...

vanginney 12-23-2012 03:28 PM

Don't know about vintage Pfaffs but I have had 3 new ones over the last ten years and they have never needed any repairs - just reg service stuff. Love my Pfaff!

skothing 12-23-2012 03:39 PM

I not sure what you are asking. I loved mine . But we lost it in a flood. What do you want to know. How much are they asking? Check inside for rust.

annievee 12-23-2012 06:14 PM

Thank you, what would be good price? I just don't know what to expect from this older machine. Your tips are helpful, more things to check. I think they are waiting on me to make an offer.

Candace 12-23-2012 07:16 PM

Check ebay under closed auctions to get an idea.

knitsew 12-24-2012 08:07 AM

I have a Pfaff 360 and love it. It just runs and runs. Paid $100 and got a case and an original cabinet and a free arm table, a lot of feet and bobbins with it. Repairmen here charge !75 to 200 so at 300 that is a lot more than you can buy new.

DanofNJ 12-24-2012 08:50 AM

Great powerful machine. As said put it through it's paces. Make sure there is no banging internally. They need to be oiled regularly, triflow and there are several parts that need grease: triflow as well. They will sew through anything..

purplefiend 12-25-2012 03:29 PM

I have a Pfaff 60 treadle and love it. My cabinet and machine was $80, first treadle I've ever bought that only needed the lint cleaned out and oiled. It sews smoothly and quietly.
Also have a Pfaff 1222E and its trouble free, had it 5 years and only needed servicing once to remove the mass of thread behind the bobbin area; the former owner did that mess.

Freckles48 12-26-2012 05:08 AM

A friend got me one at a yard sale this summer for $10. It needed oiling and the manual showed me where to do that. (The manual is available online for free..except for 50+pages of ink and paper). It has since gone in for a $90. tune up to repair a foot peddle wire but apart of that it is the sweetest little sewer and the quietest I have ever heard. Purrs! It fits short shanked feet so you can buy modern feet that will work if some are missing. Have fun. I am!!