Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Neighbor just brough over a present: A mint Viking 21-E w/all accessories! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/neighbor-just-brough-over-present-mint-viking-21-e-w-all-accessories-t272869.html)

TheMountainsAreCalling 12-01-2015 12:14 PM

Neighbor just brough over a present: A mint Viking 21-E w/all accessories!

4 Attachment(s)
Our neighbor and mentor is an 86-year-old hermit living in a museum-like setting in rural Montana. The other day I was doing some hand-embroidery when he arrived, and we got to talking about machines. I showed him my old Morse (a Singer 66 clone) and he wasn't very impressed. This man has only bought the very best all his life, and was an incredibly accomplished mechanic in his time. He mentioned he had an old machine that did "lots of stitches." Today he brought it over and gifted it to me-- a beautiful, mint condition Husqvarna Viking 21E. Of course, as is standard with ALL his tools, it is clean, running perfectly, and has every accessory with it: original case, cams, tool set, manual, and the "table top" (which I'd never seen before). Clearly, this machine is a huge step up from my Morse (and the old Ambassador zig zag I gave my mom). I have also never seen a machine that has a double needle capability! I don't know anything about using the cams, but I'm looking forward to learning. I am in love!

[Also, I think I may have a problem. In one year I went from one useless plastic machine that I could hardly use, to four incredible vintage cast iron machines that I use regularly!]

Stitchnripper 12-01-2015 12:16 PM

That is a beauty! Nice story and glad you got it to play with.

needles3thread 12-01-2015 12:19 PM

Good for you.

SteveH 12-01-2015 12:24 PM

very very nice. Viking machines are tough

JudyTheSewer 12-01-2015 12:28 PM

Lucky you! I have the 21A and it has become one of my favorite machines. My sewing machine obsession's current love is all machines from Europe. I LOVE the Bernina's, Necchi's, and Viking Husqvarna's. I am hoping to come across a Pfaff someday.

Let us know how you like it once you oil her up and use her on a project.

19cats 12-01-2015 12:36 PM

That is one beautiful machine.

Tartan 12-01-2015 12:41 PM

Mint machine in mint condition! AWESOME!

mike'sgirl 12-01-2015 12:50 PM

That's so pretty!! I love that case too.

Mickey2 12-01-2015 01:03 PM

The 19 and 21 are favorites of mine, they are 1950s models and they have a bit more motor power than most domestic models. You have probably the easiest one to have as a vintage model, some of them have combination turn / push-in button for reverse, and they often need extra bit of cleaning and lubrication to work again. A very nice gift ;- )

jbj137 12-01-2015 01:31 PM

*** She is soooooo pretty.
*** He did shine her up nicely.