Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   the New Home is home! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/new-home-home-t238750.html)

lovelyl 01-14-2014 04:51 AM

So beautiful! Drooling....

oldsewnsew 01-14-2014 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 6511700)
oldsewnsew- did you adjust the shuttle carrier when you put in the new shuttle? I had no idea this was needed until I got some shuttles (yesterday) that still had the BOYE paper wrapper. And it states specifically that you may need to adjust this so the shuttle will fit correctly, or the lower thread tension will not be correct. Basically, if the shuttle is fitting to tight, that will cause the thread to have too much tension, and loosening the screw on the shuttle won't have the desired affect because that isn't what is causing the problem. And I suppose the same could be true it it's too loose.

lucky you to have the wrapper to read! Yes, that was exactly where I was going. I think mine is too loose. I noticed that the Windsor B I got stitched better, and that its shuttle carrier had been bent tighter, by someone not at the factory... Thanks for helping to confirm that, it was making me crazy for quite awhile!

Rodney 01-14-2014 06:58 AM

Gorgeous machine Macybaby! Very pretty design and decals. I had to google the penguin. I hadn't seen one yet. Can't imagine how it got it's name. :D I'll have to keep my eyes open.
Rodney

oldsewnsew 01-14-2014 08:20 AM

so glad you're posting this great info on attachments. I had no idea there were variations in mounting. How do you spot listings for Griest and know White from National?

GreyQ 01-14-2014 09:39 AM

Sweetness!

Macybaby 01-14-2014 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by oldsewnsew (Post 6512134)
so glad you're posting this great info on attachments. I had no idea there were variations in mounting. How do you spot listings for Griest and know White from National?

mostly I use the Underbraider and Shirr plate as a reference, as they are noticabley different.

White and National both have a wider notch, as does Standard. Free and New Home have a narrow notch. Standars has a much higher lift, and early National had a very low lift.

The location of the needle hole is also different - so in no case can you fit the foot from one successfully on another.

And with the Free/New Home changes, feet that fit newer machines (after they combined) don't fit the older machines from when they were different. But here again, you can usually tell by the shirr plate and underbraider.

I still have one set I'm not sure what it fits. Now I can't find it LOL!! So I can't figure out if it fits the New Home.

amyjo 01-14-2014 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6511970)
Gorgeous machine Macybaby! Very pretty design and decals. I had to google the penguin. I hadn't seen one yet. Can't imagine how it got it's name. :D I'll have to keep my eyes open.
Rodney

Because it waddles like a penguin. Have yet to see one around here. They are selling for around 450 and up for one.

Macybaby 01-14-2014 11:37 AM

I suppose once I run out of other stuff to buy, I might manage to save up enough to afford one of those. It's so hard when I can by 5 machines for less than one foot LOL!!

vmaniqui 01-14-2014 11:43 AM

here's a video of THE PENGUIN FOOT at work. singer walking foot part # 160741

deanthemean 01-14-2014 02:36 PM

Oh my, your machine is beautiful and the Penguin is the cutest thing I've ever seen