Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   New owner of Featherweight 221, 1950 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/new-owner-featherweight-221-1950-a-t141370.html)

Central Ohio Quilter 07-30-2011 05:14 PM

She is a beauty!

SnowQuilt 07-30-2011 05:38 PM

Congrats, Cindy is beautiful. Welcome to the FW club. :thumbup: :)

anicra 07-31-2011 03:02 AM

She is just adorable. I'm a little envious. I'm looking or a featherweight from 1950 - the year I was born. One of these days I'll find one. Good luck with your new friend.

didi 07-31-2011 03:08 AM

You did good...Happy dance..

I got a small bottle of black touch up paint from the auto store...like touching up the dinks in you car door..does that make sense..you DH sould know what I'm talking about.
Mine did my FW and you can't tell where the chips are on the machine. DH says you might have to go to a dealer, to get paint.

psychonurse 07-31-2011 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by anicra
She is just adorable. I'm a little envious. I'm looking or a featherweight from 1950 - the year I was born. One of these days I'll find one. Good luck with your new friend.

I have a 1951 and have a 1949 coming. but i also want
a 1950, my birth year. Maybe you can find 2 of them for us.LOL

Yooper32 07-31-2011 03:27 AM

What a little beauty. You were fortunate to find one in such good shape and at that price. Congratulations on your purchase.

bloomin'Iris 07-31-2011 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by judyjudyjudy
After 2 years of looking for and not finding a deal/steal on a Featherweight, I finally found a fair price ($249) for one at a small town sewing machine repair shop. It's serviced, has a new case, a new power cord, and accessories. I'm thrilled, and my husband has a new appreciation for the vintage machines. He actually said he will now start looking for them at garage sales. I've decided to name "her" Cindy -- she's my Singer Cindy. :) It's the perfect machine to take to my granddaughters' home! Hope I am successful in attaching three photos - sorry one is blurry. Is there a way to treat the few paint chips?

By the time I convinced my DH this was a deal I could no longer find the listing :cry: Congrats to you (dancing small happy dance for you)

Nell 07-31-2011 04:38 AM

Hi! I purchased a FW 221-1, 1947, from the original owner. It is beautiful and works so well! I was amazed that you can purchase a walking foot for this machine. It has many feet that I thought were new on my two Berninas? I had an electronic Viking for over 25 years, which I have since given to my youngest daughter. When I inquired of Viking if a walking foot could be purchased for that model, I was advised, "no" . . . a walking foot was only available on newer models. I hope some of my granddaughters develop an interest in sewing. I would love to pass this little gem along. P.S. I got into the FW area on this board, but I'm not understanding how to post to it.

katlady3 07-31-2011 06:25 AM

Beautiful machine. Go to a place that sells small bottles of car paint & get some black to take care of the chips.

blueangel 07-31-2011 06:42 AM

Beautiful