Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   new royal treadle? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/new-royal-treadle-t171226.html)

krista 12-06-2011 08:41 PM

new royal treadle?

Has anyone heard of a New Royal Treadle machine? If so can you tell me anything about it. I was looking for a cabinet for a clone 15 I bought and came across a beautiful cabinet. I called the lady and she said the machine head is in perfect condition and still in the cabinet. I could have both for $30. Of course I bought it but don't know anything about it. I would post pictures but the machine is at my mom's house untill Christmas. I will post pictures than. Thank you.

Charlee 12-06-2011 08:55 PM

Would need more information, but a preliminary search indicates that New Royal was made by Free... :)

Should take a 20x1 needle. Can't wait to see pics!

Doatz 12-08-2011 04:17 AM

Buy it!

For $30, buy them. I have 30 machines that I have refurbished and loved. You can always sell some to make room for a new one. Buy it and enjoy the relationship. Even for a little while.

krista 12-08-2011 07:14 AM

It was for sale in the town that my mom lives(2 hours from me). She picked it up for me and said it was gorgous! She texted me a picture. I can't wait to get it. It is definitly bigger than my 66 redeye. It came with the original manual, accessories, bobbins, etc.. And for only $30. Now if my husband would only understand!

Originally Posted by Doatz (Post 4761802)
For $30, buy them. I have 30 machines that I have refurbished and loved. You can always sell some to make room for a new one. Buy it and enjoy the relationship. Even for a little while.

pippi65 12-08-2011 10:17 PM

Listen you tell your DH what I always say " I don't drink or smoke" I'm not out chasing men and it's cheaper than therapy!! And you always know where I am...in my sewing room!! Have fun with it!!

Charlee 12-08-2011 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by pippi65 (Post 4764740)
Listen you tell your DH what I always say " I don't drink or smoke" I'm not out chasing men and it's cheaper than therapy!! And you always know where I am...in my sewing room!! Have fun with it!!

~grin~ LOVE IT!!

quilt addict 12-09-2011 02:23 PM

Can hardly wait to see the pictures!

Congratulations on a wonderful deal.

miriam 12-09-2011 04:00 PM

Pippi, I LOVE you - give yourself a huge hug!!!!! What an enabler!!!!! YES! You made my day with that.... I think I need a T-shirt with that on it...

Quilt Mom 12-10-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4766903)
Pippi, I LOVE you - give yourself a huge hug!!!!! What an enabler!!!!! YES! You made my day with that.... I think I need a T-shirt with that on it...

What a good idea! T-shirts for all of us vintage enthusiasts!

Congratulations on the New Royal, Krista! Would love to see pics!

krista 12-11-2011 07:59 AM

Love it! I think I will try it. I just came home with two bags full of fabric. He asked what I was going to do with the ugly fabric. Men should just stay in the garage with their thousands of tools. Gotta love them though. I did laugh a few times though.