Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   No more fibs, this new one did not follow me home (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/no-more-fibs-new-one-did-not-follow-me-home-t186363.html)

Caroline S 04-17-2012 05:41 AM

No more fibs, this new one did not follow me home

3 Attachment(s)
Nope did not follow me home, I roped her, hog tied her and put her in the back of my truck. DD and I found her at the local Goodwill. She called to me and I could resist her. I stood guard while DD went to find out the price as there was not a tag on the machine. She is a Precision Dressmaker Model 295 and came with a manual, an exploded view (schematic?) machine assembly with a parts list on back, attachments, foot controller and was in a funky home made cabinet. I did test her and she runs. One interesting fact is that she was made in Taiwan not Japan. All for 19.99 plus tax. This girl will go to live with my granddaughter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328497[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328500[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328501[/ATTACH]

lovingmama 04-17-2012 05:44 AM

Congratulations!

Lori S 04-17-2012 05:45 AM

I love it. The table is a wonderful large work surface.

SewExtremeSeams 04-17-2012 06:07 AM

Not bad for $19.99+ with a desk to boot!

J Miller 04-17-2012 07:26 AM

Joey likes it. That machine is quite similar to my Dial 'n Sew. High shank, ZZ , similar shape and controls.
Love that sewing desk too.

Before it goes to live with your granddaughter would it be possible for you to photo copy the manual? I've never been able to find one for my machine. Would gladly reimburse you for the expenses.

Joe

Caroline S 04-17-2012 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5148279)
Joey likes it. That machine is quite similar to my Dial 'n Sew. High shank, ZZ , similar shape and controls.
Love that sewing desk too.

Before it goes to live with your granddaughter would it be possible for you to photo copy the manual? I've never been able to find one for my machine. Would gladly reimburse you for the expenses.

Joe

Will do. I was planning to scan it as a PDF anyway. Will mail a copy to you tomorrow. As a note, the schematic that came with the sewing machine says model 310. And I found an image for a manual that looked almost identical for a Model 706 Dressmaker. I wonder if it made a difference in the model number if the machine was made in Japan or Taiwan? I guess we will never know.

jljack 04-17-2012 08:33 AM

Good find!! I would have taken her home, too.

wuv2quilt 04-17-2012 08:43 AM

For $19.99, how could you leave her behind? I'd have snagged her too :thumbup:

crafty pat 04-17-2012 08:50 AM

I lived on Taiwan for two years and can tell you they take a lot of pride in their workmanship. It is a beautiful little machine and it will do well for your DGD.

ChaiQuilter 04-17-2012 05:55 PM

Someone must have really loved her to take all that time and make a cabinet!