Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Oh no! Someone should take my wallet away from me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/oh-no-someone-should-take-my-wallet-away-me-t205112.html)

Kittywolf13 11-04-2012 05:52 PM

Oh no! Someone should take my wallet away from me!

This weekend I went to my first TOGA! Treadle on gathering academy! It was held in brooksville, fl a quaint little town with wonderfully old homes and buildings! The meet itself was held in a wonderfully old home. :) every one was so nice and their kindness rubbed off because they even got my boyfriend to try sewing on a hand crank!! I was so tickled to see him trying and he didn't do half bad for his first time ever sewing or useing a machine.

He was my lucky charm, I gave him one of my raffle tickets and told him to pick one of the raffle machines for me. I won a 66 red eye!! One of the two machines I wanted! (I also one a few patterns, books and misc goodies) I also purchased a 99, motorized, has original manual, traveling suitcase and a custom made table for her to sit in! The table js beautiful.

Im thinking of converting ol red eye into a hhand crank. Originally wanted to convert the 99 because she is smaller but shes so nice, and the 66 has no home treadle to call her own and I don't really have room for another treadle table in my home at the moment. So a HC might be the perfect solution! Can't wait to spend some time oiling her and such. No pics yet but they will be coming I'm sure!

momto5 11-04-2012 07:14 PM

Lucky you! But...be careful, you're building a herd....:)

MimiBug123 11-04-2012 07:28 PM

You might need to check into an intervention! Sounds like you've got a bad case of it.

Kittywolf13 11-04-2012 09:21 PM

I know! I know! It's so bad but fun too. Technically I off loaded a machine this weekend so I only really gained one machine! Is that safe logic. Hanaha! I think I'm good for now unless I find something amazing! All in all I did better then I thought I would honestly. Haha!

purplefiend 11-06-2012 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Kittywolf,
That twisted logic works for me! TOGAs are dangerous. lol The last one I went to I only bought one machine, a 1916 Singer 66-1 red eye, but I'd planned on that one before I left home. Her name is Ruth and lives in the franken treadle cabinet; it has a Singer top and Elgin irons. Sews very smooth and quietly.
I did get rid of a 66-18 and its cabinet, someone won it in the raffle. Dh was happy about that.

Kittywolf13 11-06-2012 11:19 PM

Awww she's beautiful! Mine is much more worn. But I'm fond of the beat up ones. :) can't wait to get her a box and try and attach her hand crank. Then I can get some thread and and see how she sews!

Kittywolf13 11-07-2012 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
so finally got around to taking a few quick pics!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]375323[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]375324[/ATTACH]

she has no name yet, but i've cleaned out her bobbin jam, oiled her and gently wiped her down. (she couldnt probably use a better cleaning) but she runs my smoother now. im in the process of getting her a box to sit in and then i can work on putting on her hand crank. :)