Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Oh, be still my heart........ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/oh-still-my-heart-t186496.html)

Mom3 04-18-2012 01:44 PM

Oh, be still my heart........

<Teaser post..............>

Hubby and I went to an estate sale about 3 months ago because they had advertised an antique sewing machine.

We got there and found out they were asking $300 for it.

Waaaaay out of my price range.

But they were taking bids.

With shaking hand, I wrote out a bid and stuck in the "The Bid Box".

Time went by, and more time went by without any word so I figured "Dummy, you offered too little and you will probably NEVER see another one like that one again."

Oh man, it was c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e...... needles, attachments, instruction manual even the original purchase receipt.

So.......... without further ado.......... they called me today........ They accepted my bid!

(twirling around and floating on cloud nine both at the same time)

I'll start another thread and post pictures when I get it home. It won't be here until Friday.

Here's a hint: It's black. (ha! ha!) :) :) :)

Shari

J Miller 04-18-2012 01:50 PM

"Here's a hint: It's black. (ha! ha!) :) :) :)"

Well, that narrows it down quite a bit doesn't it. We shall sit her patiently ( yeah right ) awaiting your future post.

Joewhodoesn'thavethepatienceofJob.

kitsykeel 04-18-2012 01:51 PM

You took a gamble and it paid off. So glad for you and can't wait to see the pictures.

jaciqltznok 04-18-2012 02:45 PM

why did it take so long for them to get back to you? Here the bids are called the day before the sale closes!

Caroline S 04-18-2012 02:50 PM

OMG, we have to wait till Friday??? The anticipation is awful.:eek:

Mom3 04-18-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 5151832)
why did it take so long for them to get back to you? Here the bids are called the day before the sale closes!

Well, the estate sale was held by family members and I guess it just took them awhile to 'get around to it'. Don't you just love it?!!! I'd almost forgotten about it and it took awhile for my memory to jog when she called.

Shari

Mom3 04-18-2012 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5151695)
"Here's a hint: It's black. (ha! ha!) :) :) :)"

Well, that narrows it down quite a bit doesn't it. We shall sit her patiently ( yeah right ) awaiting your future post.

Joewhodoesn'thavethepatienceofJob.

Well.... Joewhodoesn'thavethepatienceofJob....... just for you I give out more clues:

It has gold decals. (heh heh heh!)

and..... (here's a puzzler for you)

It's not a treadle and it's case is real wood.

final clue....

I can't recall if I've seen one on this message board before....... maybe, maybe not. I really don't know.

Shari

Charlee 04-18-2012 04:10 PM

Congrats Shari!! One more clue....does it have a belt? :D

Mom3 04-18-2012 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 5152036)
Congrats Shari!! One more clue....does it have a belt? :D

<tapping my toe here>

Not that I recall.... heh heh heh

No more clues folks.

You think YOU are having a hard time waiting...... I can't believe she called me so long after I placed my bid and then SHE makes me wait until Friday to come pick it up. :(

Shari

Caroline S 04-18-2012 08:09 PM

Oh this is getting really painful now. Hmmm, not a treadle, case is made of real wood, does not have a belt. Sort of sounds like a hand crank of some sort. Am I getting warm?????