Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Okay, we might as well get this over with... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/okay-we-might-well-get-over-t236416.html)

Lew Schiller 12-09-2013 06:32 PM

Okay, we might as well get this over with...

7 Attachment(s)
I've checked all the FAQ's and I can't find anything that addresses official forum policy regarding what recently happened.
Joe called out a Bantam that was on Denver ShopGoodwill. I had seen it during a routine search but didn't know anything about it and really didn't give it a second thought.
There was banter about Bantam...I still didn't see myself having a need for it.
I offered to help a buyer by retrieving and shipping it.

I had it on my watch list, just in case I was called upon to do the assist.
I got the notice of impending close.
Then it happened.
Things got all blurry...started spinning...I felt like I was being sucked into a vortex and I couldn't get out.
I came too with my head on my desk, an empty bottle of SM oil and a throbbing headache. :eek:
I looked up, got my eyes working again only to see email telling me how and how much to pay.

It was not my intention to buy it...I certainly didn't mean to bid against another forumite...I don't know what came over me.

I paid the $18 (including handling fee and sales tax) and last Friday made my way up to get it.
The gods smote me with a flat tire on the way home which I had to change on the side of the freeway in the bitter cold. I could hear them spit out the word(s)..."Back Slider"!

Thing is though, I really like it. It's cute as a button - clean as a whistle - my wife thinks it's adorable.

So...my guilt has been considerably mitigated by it's innate sweetness.

But my Forum Shame...now that's another matter isn't it?

KarenR 12-09-2013 06:38 PM

Oh what a sweet machine!!!! Glad you found her. What you going to name her? or him?

NopahDesertRat 12-09-2013 06:41 PM

Awe, it is a cute lil thang!

wilburness 12-09-2013 06:42 PM

You did fine. Good buy! are the pics before or after you cleaned her up? No shame from me.

Lew Schiller 12-09-2013 06:44 PM

I took the photos after I gave her a good dusting and oiling of the moving parts.
Other than that she's as I got her.
Hadn't thought about about a name...but she deserves one doesn't she?

QuiltingVagabond 12-09-2013 07:28 PM

Call her Tammy - get it? BanTAM - TAMmy :B

Mariposa 12-09-2013 07:30 PM

Sweet little machine! Does it have a name yet-? :)

J Miller 12-09-2013 08:06 PM

Lew,

Glad you got her. That is why I put in the heads up. So someone would adopt the cute lil thing.

Joe

Rodney 12-09-2013 08:10 PM

Congrats on getting it! I was one of the ones here on the forum interested but couldn't quite pull the trigger with shipping and everything. Just make sure you let us all know how much it weighs and how it performs. I want to know if the aluminum clones are a good lightweight alternative to the featherweights. I think the sewing machine gods will forgive you. :D
Rodney

Lori S 12-09-2013 08:14 PM

I think its found a good Home! What a cutie.