Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Only This Group Understands - My "New" 15-125 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/only-group-understands-my-new-15-125-a-t234722.html)

Vridar 11-14-2013 11:41 AM

Only This Group Understands - My "New" 15-125

3 Attachment(s)
My story is I needed some sewing done, so, I purchase a powerful walking foot machine. The sewing I needed done could have, and is being now, accomplished with a $20 vintage machine. Proving to myself the accuracy of that statement I get some $15 machines. I'm hooked. Any one of the 30 I now have could have sewn my project. This addiction has developed into a qwest. This qwest to rescue machines from the landfill has to stop. Below are pictures of my $23.25 15-125. I have a $19.99 404 with original carring case coming. Christmas coming early. The 15-125 is not locked up, but close. However, it appears to have had little use, so wear and tear is minimal. The green power cord and controller appear salvageable. But, lack of attention has to be addressed. Got to get in an order of Tri-Flo. Won't need Brasso for this one. I'm sure it will be stunning rehabbed. I Just have to tell this group as others don't understand. Thanks for viewing and listening.
. [ATTACH=CONFIG]446860[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]446862[/ATTACH]

J Miller 11-14-2013 11:58 AM

Ron ...... please, please, please put your pics in right side up. It's getting really hard for this old guy to turn the monitor upside down to see them ..... ;) .

That is one machine I haven't had the opportunity to mess with. Why .... well, there's been none handy to buy.

I do have a clone like that though and it sews really nice. It's a soft green with light green trim too.

Joe

Vridar 11-14-2013 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6404711)
Ron ...... please, please, please put your pics in right side up. It's getting really hard for this old guy to turn the monitor upside down to see them ..... ;) .

Joe

Please tell me you're joking. If not can you PM me a screen snapshot. I don't know how to do that, but I'm sure you can.:p If you can turn my pictures around I'm very impressed.:o

Vridar 11-14-2013 01:25 PM

Joe, The snapshot won't be necessary. My computer has them upside down also. My iPad does not and they were taken with my iPad and sent from there. I don't know why the iPad would show them normal and they show upside down on other means. Is there a computer/iPad aficionado that can explain? ... SteveH, you out there?

Lew Schiller 11-14-2013 02:09 PM

Upside down photos on my screen

Cecilia S. 11-14-2013 02:17 PM

iPads are annoying because they "think" for you. Ron, I hope you feel right-side-up again soon! ;-)

Nice machine. Even upside down.

Tartan 11-14-2013 02:23 PM

She's a cutie and the pictures are right side up on iPad.

Vridar 11-14-2013 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6404906)
She's a cutie and the pictures are right side up on iPad.

Thanks, I needed that!

cabbagepatchkid 11-14-2013 02:43 PM

Sometimes my iphone has pictures the wrong way around. Do you have the ability to edit your pictures on your ipad? If so, you can rotate them, the other way around and see if they post right side up.

Vridar 11-14-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid (Post 6404932)
Sometimes my iphone has pictures the wrong way around. Do you have the ability to edit your pictures on your ipad? If so, you can rotate them, the other way around and see if they post right side up.

Thanks, that's what I'll do from now. iPad, post upside down. Camera taken pictures, post right side up.