Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Photos for Rodney (AK) but can't seem to post them...thirft shop adventure (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/photos-rodney-ak-but-cant-seem-post-them-thirft-shop-adventure-t267172.html)

Caroline94535 07-03-2015 04:20 PM

Photos for Rodney (AK) but can't seem to post them...thirft shop adventure

I had an awesome visit to a thrift shop yesterday. I did not purchase anything because "...I do not collect sewing machines..." and I'm saving for a 'perfect' 201 for my niece.

I took photos with my Apple iPod Touch4. I sent them to my computer and saved them in "New Old Sewing Machines," because I'm creative like that.

My Windows computer won't open them or let me resize them so can post them here.

Rodney, several of them were for you. Before your surgery I had posted a picture that had a "blue machine" in the background. You mentioned it was interesting. It's still there. I took 11 photos for you. Now, how do I get them posted here, or emailed to you? I'd like for everyone to see them.

There was also a Singer 468 (?) in a cabinet, and Get This, one of "my" model Singer Fashion Mate 252, sitting there in an older Singer cabinet. It had several plastic or Teflon (?) presser feet and the original owner's manual, but none of the original accessories (Thank you again, Cathy, for you-know-what!)

It will be 40 years this month since Grandmother bought the 252 for me. In ALL THESE YEARS I've never, ever seen one in a resale shop. Never. Ever. Of course, they were sort of a bottom of the barrel machine back then, but I did not know this. Perhaps none of them survived?

Not knowing it "was not built to last" I sewed the living daylights out of it and then I sewed even more. Clean it out, oil it down, press down on the pedal and keep on going. I'm going to sew something red with it this summer to celebrate "our" Ruby Anniversary!

Caroline94535 07-03-2015 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, DH suggested using "Paint" to resize them. Let's see if this works. I'm sorry for the poor quality, but they were taken with my iPod in less-than-perfect light.

Nope; it still says "invalid file."

I do have a couple taken a week or so ago with a real camera.

It's Montgomery Wards "Signature" sewing machine. I wish I could show you the more detailed photos.

Caroline94535 07-03-2015 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The underside has "HAPPY" embossed in the steel.

Caroline94535 07-03-2015 06:51 PM

Now I'll try to post a photo directly from the iPod...

Rodney 07-03-2015 07:29 PM

Thanks Caroline! Nice looking MW. Happy was the maker of the machine. They also made a bunch of Kenmore machines and I wouldn't be surprised if they made machines for other brands as well. IMO they made pretty nice machines.
Thanks for the pics!
Rodney