Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Picture #2 of my "new" vintage machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/picture-2-my-new-vintage-machine-t179214.html)

jljack 02-13-2012 10:16 AM

Lovely!!! The decals are great.

callen 02-13-2012 10:25 AM

My "new" baby

Originally Posted by JMCDA (Post 4971168)
I used to live in Huntsville and we would "take a drive" up to Timmins once in a while LOL! did you get her off Kijiji or privately? I have seen one Red Eye on Kijiji down in Windsor and I think a couple like yours in that area too - I will probably have to shop over the border to find one.

J

We have a website here for Northeastern Ontario called Myzer & a lady had it on there. I am originally from Niagara Falls & with all the auction sales they have down there I would stand a better chance getting a "red eye" in Niagara but of course, that doesn't do me much good here. Anyway, I am in love with my new little treasure. I have wanted one for years. Of course, the "red eye" is my 1st choice but this is a wonderful 2nd. My husband got hired by Timmins Police so that is what brought us to the far north. No desire to move back to Niagara but would be nice to be closer in distance but not too close. Tks for your interest. She does work though, not that I am too concerned about that. They say this vintage collecting is addictive so I might in lots of trouble LOL.

ppquilter 02-13-2012 10:46 AM

she a beauty! :) :)

callen 02-13-2012 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by annthreecats (Post 4971246)
Wow, those decals are gorgeous. So ornate. Nice looking machine. Doe she need a lot of work or is she ready to sew?

The lady I bought her from said that she works. I haven't tried her but everything turns & goes up & down with no problems so I can assume she works. She is my first so I am so happy I could burst. Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Nanamoms 02-13-2012 07:21 PM

Oooh, nice! She is a twin to mine. Haven't sewn on my yet as I had to find a shuttle bobbin case and bobbin which I now have. The trouble with collecting machines is that you have to sew 24/7 to sew on them all. LOL

BarbaraSue 02-14-2012 11:28 AM

Wow what a beauty!
I agree with you, Charlee is a very valueable resource, and so has Miriam been to me. there are so many with knowledge and willing to share and help you on this board. It is a wonderful place. Muv's videos for cleaning are spot on. I used her ideas for my Singer godzilla. and I used the same ideas on the White Rotarty.

Norma Jane 02-14-2012 12:11 PM

Hi Carol
Love yor new machine. I live nearby if you find it takes up too much room in your house I will pick it up.
Norma

callen 02-14-2012 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Norma Jane (Post 4974985)
Hi Carol
Love yor new machine. I live nearby if you find it takes up too much room in your house I will pick it up.
Norma

FUNNY NORMA, it isn't going anywhere so if you want to drool you will have to come here LOL but then you will want a glass of wine!!!!!! Did you get your cabinet?

pinkberrykay 02-14-2012 01:19 PM

She is gorgeous, congrats!!!

Grandma Peg 02-14-2012 01:32 PM

Beautiful machine, a lot of detail.