Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Picture (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/picture-t210883.html)

roserips 01-14-2013 11:16 AM

Wow what a display - wouldn't it be a challenge to then go through and identify them all by make, model and year!

Grama Lehr 01-14-2013 11:19 AM

Did he say where in Vegas??

vanginney 01-14-2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr (Post 5785909)
Did he say where in Vegas??

No he didn't - :( Sorry...must be where all the tourist are.

kitsykeel 01-14-2013 12:19 PM

Hubby and I have been to Vegas many, many times over the last 30 years and I am so sad that I missed this display. Our last trip was two years ago and his health doesn't allow us to travel very far any more so I guess I can just dream.

Monroe 01-14-2013 12:36 PM

I believe the machines are in several of the company's stores in major cities- All Saint's something or other- it's a clothing store chain. There's one in NYC I'd like to visit.

purplefiend 01-14-2013 01:11 PM

I wonder if any of them would sew? OMG so much eye candy!!!!
drooling in Texas,
Sharon

Skyangel 01-14-2013 01:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw the one in Seattle over New Years and got some similar pictures. I also took some individual ones of some VERY COOL machines I spotted among the overwhelming supply. More than eye-candy, it was overwhelming. No idea if they were functional, but they were clean and most of the Singers I looked closely at had UK serial numbers. It's very cool for someone with SMAD although the people inside are rather indifferent to the decor as it is a UK-based (upscale - targeting young and hip) clothing shop. I spotted it right away as we were going down the street looking for our hotel. It's on the corner of 5th and Pine, straight across from the Westlake Station Monorail station. My hubby was very patient and let me take all the pictures I wanted after I explained that none of the machines were for sale. At first he immediatedly started saying I couldn't fill the car with machines to take back to Oregon.

According to Wikipedia, they have stores in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Washington, D.C., Santa Monica, Seattle, Chicago and Las Vegas. Search on "All Saints Spitalfields". According to the article, the company was on the verge of bankruptcy a couple of years ago but were bought out and saved from collapse. Imagine the sale if the new management doesn't work out!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388108[/ATTACH]

jlhmnj 01-14-2013 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend (Post 5786128)
I wonder if any of them would sew? OMG so much eye candy!!!!
drooling in Texas,
Sharon

Looks like the machines have 2 bolt holes in the middle of the bed as part of there support system.

Steve-
The one machine looks like a Howe above the red sale sign

Jon

MimiBug123 01-14-2013 03:44 PM

DH thinks that's what our house looks like, but it really doesn't. Love it!

Stitchit123 01-14-2013 04:12 PM

Now this would be my definition of ''Going to Hog Heaven''