Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Picture test thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/picture-test-thread-t214039.html)

J Miller 02-17-2013 06:01 AM

Picture test thread

3 Attachment(s)
Irishrose posted instruction on how to change the settings so I have controls to play with. I'm gonna try to post some pics via the forums system.

OK, where's the thumb drive? ................ AhA! There it is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395669[/ATTACH]
Brownie checking out a 66-18

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395670[/ATTACH]
My Franklin 1911 in the parlor cabinet

[ATTACH=CONFIG]395671[/ATTACH]
Close up of the Franklin

Now, lets try a video.
Nope, can't download a video from the hard drive. :(

Well, now I can do a bit more on here. Whoooo Hoooo!

Joe

OCquilter 02-17-2013 08:14 AM

I have treadle envy!

J Miller 02-17-2013 12:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OCquilter (Post 5867633)
I have treadle envy!

Ooooo, how about this one then?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395832[/ATTACH]
Singer 66-1(?) Redeye Treadle #1

Or this one?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395831[/ATTACH]
Singer 66-4 Redeye Treadle #2

Or this one?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]395833[/ATTACH]
Singer 9W-7 Treadle #5

Treadle 3 is the Franklin and treadle 4 is another 9W-7 but the cabinet is still in pieces.
Treadle 6 is a Singer Red eye 66-1 with the original back clamp feet but it doesn't have a cabinet yet.

J:)e

JudyTheSewer 02-17-2013 12:23 PM

Joe,

It is great to see your machines. I love both of them. I learned to sew on a 66-18 and just seeing one makes me smile. Your treadle (the Franklin in the parlor cabinet) is especially nice.

Judy

PS: Oops - I see now that you have posted more pictures.

amyjo 02-17-2013 05:23 PM

Well, Joe, I have treadle envy too. just love your machines and the cabinets.

OCquilter 02-18-2013 08:14 AM

Wow, I am really turning green now! My older viking needs to go to the dr. so I got my singer 15-90 out to finish some tops. It was my MIL's and I recently had it checked out and the wiring replaced. I LOVE IT! My DH says he remembers his mom really making it hum.

J Miller 02-19-2013 06:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
How about one more for the road?

This is my FREE SEWING MACHINE CO. machine. One the arm it's marked: The FREE and under that LONG BOBBIN ROTARY. She was made in Rockford, ILL way back when .... the USA really had a heart.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396218[/ATTACH]
Here she is with her bent wood case and accessories.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396219[/ATTACH]
Here she is in action piecing a quilt part.

I have a complete set of accessory feet for her, but no button holler. Unlike other top clamp machines you can't unscrew the clamp on this one to clamp the button holler to the presser foot shaft. You have to have a button holler with the two forks like the feet.
I have one for a New Home, but it won't fit.

It is the quietest VS machine I own. Very little vibration and noise. Maybe cos it weighs so much.

Some one once asked me: "How can it be a LONG BOBBIN ROTARY? The two are mutually exclusive. I can't answer that question. Can anyone here?

Joe

NewbieToQuilting 02-19-2013 08:41 AM

Love those red eyes!! Beautiful!

irishrose 02-19-2013 09:13 AM

Joe, the capital A four spaces to the left of the tree changes colors. Then there is the B for Bold, the I for Italics, the U for Underline and of course, you can change the size and font. Lots of fun when you get bored.

I like your parlor cabinet and the Redeye. That'd be my combo. Your Free is a pretty machine, too.

No sun here today. My carport flooded, then froze, so getting out is going to interesting. We have snow (no surprise) and expected 30 mph winds.

J Miller 02-19-2013 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5872691)
Joe, the capital A four spaces to the left of the tree changes colors. Then there is the B for Bold, the I for Italics, the U for Underline and of course, you can change the size and font. Lots of fun when you get bored.

I like your parlor cabinet and the Redeye. That'd be my combo. Your Free is a pretty machine, too.

No sun here today. My carport flooded, then froze, so getting out is going to interesting. We have snow (no surprise) and expected 30 mph winds.

Things like frozen carports, snow, freezing wind is making me want to head back to Arizona.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396257[/ATTACH] :D

J:)e