Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Pictures of my "57 Chevy" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/pictures-my-57-chevy-t199971.html)

MimiBug123 09-08-2012 09:31 PM

Pictures of my "57 Chevy"

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]361408[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]361407[/ATTACH]Here are a couple of pics of my latest baby. She's actually a Morse Model 672 and looks so cool. We named her Chevrolet in honor of Ramona Quimby's doll, Chevrolet, and the fact that she looks like one. She's all shiny, chromy, and cleaned and waiting for a new part to come so I can use her. In case you are wondering, Ramona is a character in a series of Judy Blume books, which were favorites of my DD, when she was a child. We always thought Chevrolet was such an elegant sounding name for her doll, that when we saw this, we both screamed OMG, it's a Chevrolet! Amazing what amuses us, isn't it!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 09-08-2012 10:43 PM

Beverly Cleary would be honored you liked Ramona enough to name a machine for her. I know nothing about old machines, but that one is beautiful to look at.

nygal 09-08-2012 11:25 PM

Beautiful color!!! I'm glad she has a good new home.

MimiBug123 09-09-2012 05:02 AM

OOPS! I just read an article about Judy Blume and I guess I had her on my mind. That series was by Beverly Cleary! So sorry for having a sr. brain farkle! The series was one of our favorite reading projects and I don't know how many times we read them. My DD is 38 and they obviously made an impression on her, too.

Caroline S 09-09-2012 07:24 AM

Very cool. Yep Chevrolet is an appropriate name. Best of all you have a manual.

lovelyl 09-10-2012 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 (Post 5501424)
OOPS! I just read an article about Judy Blume and I guess I had her on my mind. That series was by Beverly Cleary! So sorry for having a sr. brain farkle! The series was one of our favorite reading projects and I don't know how many times we read them. My DD is 38 and they obviously made an impression on her, too.

Beautiful machine. As a former school librarian, I remember Chevrolet, the doll! It is wonderful that you and your daughter shared books together when she was young. I wish that happened more now, instead of so much TV! Enjoy your "new" Chevrolet!

janegb 09-10-2012 06:12 AM

A real Beauty! Good luck with her.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 09-10-2012 06:29 AM

Chevrolet, the doll, was a big hit around here, too. It's off topic but I'd like to suggest if you daughter was a big Beverly Cleary fan see if she has read her two part autobiography. THE GIRL FROM YAMHILL and ON MY OWN TWO FEET. Fans of her children's series will see how she incorporated many real people from her life into her fiction work.

Linda - K. 09-10-2012 06:50 AM

I loved Beverly Cleary books as a kid and when my son was reading as a kid I told him to read the books about Henry Huggins. He thought they'd not interest him cause old Mom liked them. I encouraged him to just read one and see what he thought--I ended up having to buy all her books for him as he really loved them! I think they are ageless!

My first car was a '57 Chev and was turquoise and white just like your machine. Loved the look of the '57s.

Jingle 09-10-2012 07:34 AM

My Oldest Daughter use to read those books.Your machine is the color of some 57 chevies. Very pretty.