Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Qick question on featherweights (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/qick-question-featherweights-t241677.html)

Sunflowerzz 02-21-2014 12:11 PM

Qick question on featherweights

That should be QUICK in the title....Are the bottom cover plates on the older black 221's interchangeable fit wise with the newer white 221's? I found a white one I want to buy it doesn't have a cover plate on the bottom.

Mizkaki 02-21-2014 01:07 PM

No, the plate from the black 221 won't fit the on the white 221. The bottom plate on the black Featherweights are metal and have a recessed area in the middle (where the screw goes through). The recessed area prevents the plate from fitting level on the white 221. . The plates on the white Featherweights are a 'fiberboard' and are flat. I think the fiberboard type would be easy to make. I can furnished a tracing/pattern from my machine.

Cathy (Just down(ish) the road from you in Orangevale)

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz (Post 6588294)
That should be QUICK in the title....Are the bottom cover plates on the older black 221's interchangeable fit wise with the newer white 221's? I found a white one I want to buy it doesn't have a cover plate on the bottom.

Sunflowerzz 02-21-2014 02:32 PM

Hello Cathy in Orangevale. :wave: Thank you so much for the quick reply! I am so glad I didn't bid on it. I just had a feeling it was going to be like the Volkswagon and the Volkswagon Superbeetle.

I downloaded a book a few days ago onto my Nook about featherweights by Nancy Johnson and I have been reading a little every night before I fall asleep. Maybe I should finish reading it before I buy? ;) Thanks again. If you are ever heading my way stop by for a visit. I am only about 4 mins from the fairgrounds on the same street if you come to the quilt shows.
Lorraine

Mizkaki 02-21-2014 04:02 PM

Lorraine,

Do you have a schedule or info on the quilt shows? I'd love to come up there to meet you and see your collection.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz (Post 6588463)
Hello Cathy in Orangevale. :wave: Thank you so much for the quick reply! I am so glad I didn't bid on it. I just had a feeling it was going to be like the Volkswagon and the Volkswagon Superbeetle.

I downloaded a book a few days ago onto my Nook about featherweights by Nancy Johnson and I have been reading a little every night before I fall asleep. Maybe I should finish reading it before I buy? ;) Thanks again. If you are ever heading my way stop by for a visit. I am only about 4 mins from the fairgrounds on the same street if you come to the quilt shows.
Lorraine

Sunflowerzz 02-21-2014 05:05 PM

It looks like the next show is 2015...drats, but you can up any time and we can maybe go see some machines on CL, hit some thrift stores, have lunch or just lounge around & talk shop...PM me anytime.
Lorraine

Mizkaki 02-21-2014 05:15 PM

Will do. I'm up to my ears in time-eating stuff for the next few weeks. I'll PM you after that.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz (Post 6588723)
It looks like the next show is 2015...drats, but you can up any time and we can maybe go see some machines on CL, hit some thrift stores, have lunch or just lounge around & talk shop...PM me anytime.
Lorraine