Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

BoJangles 03-22-2012 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5079484)
Here is a picture of a wall hanging my daughter e mailed to me and said "Mom can you make this?" So next picture is my version of her picture. Made this using my 1951 Black 301 machine.

Trish I love the little quilt! I think the quilted hearts add a lot to the quilt too! The little applique'd dolls are really cute - you did a great job!

Nancy

BoJangles 03-22-2012 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest quilt. I just finished this quilt tonight. It is 85x97 - a curved log cabin strip quilt. I did most of the piecing for this quilt with my 1935 featherweight in a Strip Therapy class at the local quilt store. The borders and bindings were done using my 319w from 1955 - in the treadle. I finished the binding using my 1222e Pfaff.

Nancy[ATTACH=CONFIG]321846[/ATTACH]

vintagemotif 03-22-2012 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5083501)
Here is my latest quilt. I just finished this quilt tonight. It is 85x97 - a curved log cabin strip quilt. I did most of the piecing for this quilt with my 1935 featherweight in a Strip Therapy class at the local quilt store. The borders and bindings were done using my 319w from 1955 - in the treadle. I finished the binding using my 1222e Pfaff.

Nancy, Very pretty quilt! I love the bright batiks!

DonnaQuilts 03-22-2012 10:22 PM

Very Nice!!!! I have a 201-2 being restored and love it. It is so smooth and quiet. I'm happy with it.

Bennett 03-23-2012 09:14 AM

Trish, your Raggedies are very cute! Reminds me of a Raggedy Ann doll I still have from when I was little.
Nancy, the curved log cabin is wonderful. Batiks are always so rich looking. Did you do the quilting with a vintage machine too?

jljack 03-23-2012 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood (Post 5073231)
I added 3 borders to this quilt panel and pieced the backing for it, too, using my Singer 301 that I've named "Beyonce"...because it is a caramel-colored Singer with beautiful moves! :)

Don't you just LOVE your 301??? I love my black one, named Ida after my maternal grandmother. I think they are just the coolest looking machines, so "retro", sleek and sexy!! LOL

jljack 03-23-2012 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 5083501)

Wow, Nancy, gorgeous quilt!! I would have thought the FW would move around a bit while you were wresting that big quilt top through it. No? Anyway, love the batiks and the colors!! VERY NICE!!

jljack 03-23-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5059594)
Muv, amazing quilting with treadle! A lovely doll quilt, too.

I pieced this LC with my Free treadle, the first I've used a treadle, lots of fun![ATTACH=CONFIG]319821[/ATTACH]

Very nice log cabin! Love the scrappy look. I hope to one day soon have a quilt completely done on my 15 in treadle....soon, I promise!!

jljack 03-23-2012 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher (Post 5079484)
Here is a picture of a wall hanging my daughter e mailed to me and said "Mom can you make this?" So next picture is my version of her picture. Made this using my 1951 Black 301 machine.

Cute wall hanging, Trish. I have a black 301, also, and just LOVE it! I use it primarily for piecing at home, but sometimes take it to outside activities. People always come to look at it, because it's kind of unusual. Not a FW, black, small....they want to know about it.

BoJangles 03-23-2012 11:52 AM

Thank you guys! I am in a Strip Therapy club at the local quilt store. I have another strip quilt almost finished using a different FW - I try to rotate my FW's so they all get used and cleaned! I am also taking my mocha 301 to classes, but I need to order the acrylic table to give me more space when I use the 301!

Bennett, I am sorry to say I did not do the quilting on a vintage machine. I did the quilting on my HQ 16 - the only 'new' machine to touch that quilt! Janice, there is no way I would have tried to FM with a FW - you are right it would not have been an easy task to do! I do FM with my 15-88 and a couple other machines, but since I am trying to get a Queen sized quilt done once a month, I had to just get this one done - so I cheated on the quilting and used a long arm!

Candace, I am just not as good at FM nor as fast as you are - hence, in a pinch I use the long arm!

Nancy