Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

jljack 06-04-2012 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 5264639)
Ignore me. It's still too early.

Very pretty, AZK!!! And the dog is cute, too!! :-)

Muv 06-04-2012 12:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest offering, a wall hanging for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee which is hanging in our local pub - I have let them have it on loan for the week. It looks a bit bumpy at the bottom right, but that's because it's not hanging flat against the rough stone wall. This is what I was making when I put up the tutorial about vintage machine applique. I did the free motion quilting on my 15K treadle, and all the other machine stitching was with my 99K hand machine. Hope you like it, and be sure to raise a glass to the Queen!

Bennett 06-04-2012 01:56 PM

Mellifera, I love the colors on your table runner and the use of the variegated thread. Keep having fun with your 99!
ArizonaKat, nice job on the drunkard's path--and it coordinates very well with your dog. :) Curved piecing still kind of scares me a bit, but it's a pattern I like and definitely want to try one of these days.
Muv, I've been curious to see your finished Diamond Jubilee wall hanging since you posted the tutorial. It turned out very nice. Cheers!

earthwalker 06-04-2012 04:43 PM

Beautiful runner, very cool Drunkards Path (I never thought of using patterned fabric!) and Muv....great tribute to the Queen.

Bennett 06-04-2012 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished the fish baby quilts, just in time too since the babies are due any day now! Stuck with my same MO of using the FW to piece them and the 15-91 to quilt, making randomly wavy vertical lines with a walking foot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]339981[/ATTACH]

chris_quilts 06-04-2012 05:54 PM

Bennett; Very nice quilts. Love the colorful fishies.

vintagemotif 06-04-2012 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 5264639)
Ignore me. It's still too early.

Pretty quilt! I love your dog's peaceful look too!!

vintagemotif 06-04-2012 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5265215)
Here is my latest offering, a wall hanging for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee which is hanging in our local pub - I have let them have it on loan for the week. It looks a bit bumpy at the bottom right, but that's because it's not hanging flat against the rough stone wall. This is what I was making when I put up the tutorial about vintage machine applique. I did the free motion quilting on my 15K treadle, and all the other machine stitching was with my 99K hand machine. Hope you like it, and be sure to raise a glass to the Queen!

Muv, very nice banner that you made for such an auspicious celebration.

vintagemotif 06-04-2012 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 5265814)
Finally finished the fish baby quilts, just in time too since the babies are due any day now! Stuck with my same MO of using the FW to piece them and the 15-91 to quilt, making randomly wavy vertical lines with a walking foot.

Bennett, I love the fishes!!

jljack 06-09-2012 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a quilt I pieced entirely on my 301a. The whole top was done on it. I did quilt it on my short arm setup, but also put the binding on with the 301a. I'm so happy with how it came out. It is for my friend's daughter for graduation from high school. She loves all things red, and has a liking for triangles. :-) It's from the mom & dad...I was just the maker!!