Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Which Sewing Machine was it when you Realized You had way too many? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/sewing-machine-when-you-realized-you-had-way-too-many-t254426.html)

jlhmnj 09-27-2014 12:45 PM

Which Sewing Machine was it when you Realized You had way too many?

The sewing machine that did it for me was a motorized Davis "Edison" model D that the light bulb clicked "ON", enough. The price was right, the distance right, but what the heck am I gonna do with ANOTHER sewing machine. I'm already tripping over them. Wonder if there's a prescription to cure this fool.

Jon

J Miller 09-27-2014 01:50 PM

Machines in the front room, machines in the center room, machines in the walk way, machines in the bedroom door, machines in the basement, machines in the garage, machines on the landing ....... nope no cure.

Joe & Elaine

jlhmnj 09-27-2014 02:12 PM

Hi Joe,

Guess there's always Prayer. I hope I havn't already sold my soul to Davis sewing machines. ;)

Macybaby 09-27-2014 02:27 PM

Well, maybe we can start trading. I know I've ended up with some that aren't a good fit for my collection, and they really should find new homes. I'm still looking for the very early Eldredge . . . I've already passed on several machines I wanted - because I really don't need one of everything . . .

I'm still a sucker for early Rotary machines - and 3/4 size machines.

jlhmnj 09-27-2014 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 6906046)
Well, maybe we can start trading. I know I've ended up with some that aren't a good fit for my collection, and they really should find new homes. I'm still looking for the very early Eldredge . . . I've already passed on several machines I wanted - because I really don't need one of everything . . .

I'm still a sucker for early Rotary machines - and 3/4 size machines.

Hi Cathy,

I do my trading in cash, credit card, or paypal. I can see shipping heads across the country which is expensive but complete treadles are too high and too delicate. I'm just hoping I don't find another Davis Low Arm cheap and just around the corner.

Jon

miriam 09-27-2014 04:00 PM

um do we really want to talk about this???

Rodney 09-27-2014 04:07 PM

Ummmm I haven't reached that point yet. I am to the point where I must be more selective though. I need more justification than "I don't have that one yet". There needs to be a niche for it that isn't filled by another machine already.
For the near future my focus is going to be getting the machines I already have cleaned up, mounted in cases and in sewing condition. Once I'm caught up on that I'll see about adding more.
Rodney

jlhmnj 09-27-2014 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6906169)
um do we really want to talk about this???

Sure, just curious if anyone feels like me. I realize they may not keep up with the "Board" if they do. I've been blessed with a great many machines but I don't think I'd take in another border if it was gifted (unless Davis)_:)

Cari-in-Oly 09-27-2014 05:17 PM

I'm like Joe & Elaine. Machines in almost every room in the house tripping over them daily, machines in the shed, in my car, at other peoples houses. I've even gotten rid of furniture to make more room for them. I'm a lot more particular about what I bring home now and am slowly thinning the herd but I can't seem to stop bringing them home.

Cari

jlhmnj 09-27-2014 05:33 PM

After some thought, think I'll list the Davis' I can live without on Craigslist and ebay. Davis is an off brand to most people so it might take awhile and I'll sell high enough so the treadles don't wind up as coffee tables. I need my house back.

Jon

PS---Please no Solicitors