Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Sewing machines at Goodwill in Apache Junction, AZ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/sewing-machines-goodwill-apache-junction-az-t224521.html)

GheckoAZ 06-25-2013 01:40 PM

Sewing machines at Goodwill in Apache Junction, AZ

2 Attachment(s)
Found these in the Apache Junction, AZ Goodwill this AM. The Atlas is a creamy peach color and very dirty. It is also missing the bobbin cover plate. They are asking 24.99 for her. The cabinet needs work and is very plain. The Kenmore is in good shape, the cabinet is also plain and they want 44.99 for it. There are no extras to either machine. Just though I'd let anyone interested know. I can't rescue them this month.

mlmack 06-25-2013 03:54 PM

That Atlas machine looks pretty cool. I'd probably give it a go if I saw it in a store.

foufymaus 06-25-2013 06:25 PM

I totally would buy that atlas. My mom just said her mom sewed on a pink atlas and that she loved it so much she wore it out. Hmmm... *thinks*

Sideways 06-26-2013 07:49 AM

I would totally go for the pink atlas alas, I'm in pa not AZ. Doggone it!! I never see machines in local goodwills GRRR!!

tenngal 06-26-2013 01:46 PM

Wish I had room, but 9 are enough for now.

Wintersewer 06-27-2013 05:41 PM

I pass on any machines missing the slide plate unless they are Singers, because I know that i can get those. Do you all know of a sure source of Atlas slide plates?

mlmack 06-27-2013 06:48 PM

Most of those Japanese side bobbins machines use similar slide plates, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to find one.

KLO 07-01-2013 01:15 PM

I recently bought an Atlas in a carrying case. It had belonged to the guy's mother. She is a pink beauty. I have not had the time to actually sew anything on her yet as I recently moved but everything turns nicely and she does hold a stitch .... especially after I bought a new belt. That was the only thing wrong with the machine. He wanted $50 for her but I got her for $25.

miriam 07-01-2013 04:28 PM

I would buy either machine. Sew-classic has the slide plates. The Atlas was probably made by Brother. I have a Kenmore like that - it is what got me hooked on Japanese 15 clones. My DGD had dibs on that one. That GW price is slightly less that I sell them for on CL after I clean them and make sure they sew.

Mizkaki 07-01-2013 04:38 PM

Tenngal,

"9 are enough". OH, if I had said that years ago, but too late now as I'm HOOKED! VBG
My son did tell me recently that if I brought home any more treadles, I'd have to either sell the sofa or sell the dining table and place a plywood sheet over some teadles and call it a dining table. Hummmm, that's an idea.

Cathy ROTFALMAO

Originally Posted by tenngal (Post 6145317)
Wish I had room, but 9 are enough for now.