Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Singer 191 j (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-191-j-t169462.html)

riggerboy 11-22-2011 12:49 PM

Singer 191 j

2 Attachment(s)
Last week in Peru I was looking to buy a new heavy duty sewing machine, but was very difficult or neither a piece of crap chinese machine or a Industrial one, So I was looking to do some heavy jobs I run across a Singer 191J mint condition when I took it to get it service they put a 150W motor 9000rpm,
Wow this machine can do serious sewing,
When I mention industrial strength sewing machine in my header, it means: this machine is strong like an industrial sewing machine with the advantage to be more convenient, this smaller machine can be carried anywhere with ease. Also this machine can handle very strong thread compare to the new all plastic sewing machine (today's machine cannot sew with upholstery thread cause they have plastic bobbin case and many fragile parts inside, this machine a purchase from a 83 year old women and it was a wedding gifts in 1959 more than a half of century old even older than me, I am using it to do all the sewing proyects, paragliders repair etc,etc,etc... I will put some pictures is like new and it was use very little and it would last another 50 more or maybe 100 of years.

cabbagepatchkid 11-22-2011 06:35 PM

Hi Riggerboy! Welcome to the forum. That is a gorgeous machine. The original owner took really nice care of it!!

KatFish 11-22-2011 06:50 PM

Congrats on your great find. Love the vintage machines!

coloradosky 11-23-2011 12:35 AM

Welcome to the board. What a beautiful machine. Thanks for sharing.

miriam 11-23-2011 01:26 AM

It looks like a very nice rugged machine!

riggerboy 11-23-2011 05:06 PM

Y am very happy with it , and I will start with all my proyects this machine can really sew heavy material with mo problem, is my new baby and I know the second I get with it I can get through my proyects it can take size 22 needle but it works really well with 18, I will post more pictures zoon of the wonder's of this vintage bulldozer.

riggerboy 11-23-2011 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid (Post 4711396)
Hi Riggerboy! Welcome to the forum. That is a gorgeous machine. The original owner took really nice care of it!!

Yeah she really used it very little to sew his grandson's looks like she was saving it for me and I only pay $130 bucks including the table.

riggerboy 11-23-2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4712007)
It looks like a very nice rugged machine!

I was waiting on this machine not this model but I realized they don't make them like this any more.

lovelyl 11-24-2011 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by riggerboy (Post 4714637)
Y am very happy with it , and I will start with all my proyects this machine can really sew heavy material with mo problem, is my new baby and I know the second I get with it I can get through my proyects it can take size 22 needle but it works really well with 18, I will post more pictures zoon of the wonder's of this vintage bulldozer.

Congrats on your find and welcome to the board!

justtrish 11-24-2011 07:01 AM

Very nice... I have one of those with the standard motor :)