Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   A Singer Lotus thanks to my Brother (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-lotus-thanks-my-brother-t260216.html)

Caroline S 01-24-2015 10:23 AM

A Singer Lotus thanks to my Brother

2 Attachment(s)
The Singer with the Lotus decals has been on my wish list. And I have been soooo good staying off of CL and GW websites. But my brother who lives in South Carolina sent me some pictures of three sewing machines he had seen at a Habitat for Humanity store. One was a Singer 101, a White Family Rotary and a Singer 15 with the Lotus decals. My heart started palpitating when I saw the Lotus. WANT, WANT. I told him he must go back and get the Lotus. Bless his heart, he did. My Lotus and I will be meeting in June when Brother brings her from South Carolina to our family reunion in Texas. In return I will be bringing him a Singer 66 treadle which he has been wanting. The Lotus is missing her legs, but I have a set. She looks like she will clean up nicely.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507464[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]507465[/ATTACH]

xxxxxxxxxx 01-24-2015 10:52 AM

FYI thats a 66. it look like a old one I don't see a motor boss ? I have two one i about like that one, the other is a unused machine. in the last few months. and along I/5 I have seen at least 6 lotus's for sale. That was between Salem and portland

Maybe it's just me, I have one in a treadle. it seems to sew better than any other 66 I have. so you know the decals make them sew better LOL.

jbj137 01-24-2015 11:29 AM

*** We who live in South Carolina are nice bunch of people.
*** Where in SC does your brother live?
*** Have been to Port Angeles, WA several times and I love the country life out there.

Rodney 01-24-2015 11:31 AM

Congrats on your Lotus! And yes, it's a 66. It looks like it takes the early back clamping feet too.
I have a parts treadle here. I need a few parts from it to complete another treadle I'm working on (mostly the belt guard and attaching hardware) but I may have some treadle iron parts available if you need them.
Rodney

Caroline S 01-24-2015 02:20 PM

Thanks Rodney and xxxxxxx for identifying it as a 66. My brother gave me a wrong serial number, LOL. jbj137, my brother lives in Hardeeville.

melmerr1 01-24-2015 07:54 PM

looks just like my 66... Same decals.. And I love them. I bet it will be beautiful when cleaned up..

manicmike 01-25-2015 01:37 AM

You can get new (Chinese) slide plates, or a secondhand original should be easy to find.

Blackberry 01-25-2015 06:14 AM

I know your excitement at finding a Lotus because that was a machine I was longing for. Then my OSMG found one and gave it to me. It was in pretty bad shape but it cleaned up nicely. I would love to make it into a treadle but I have no room for a treadle base so I am looking to get a base made for it. I would like to turn it into a hand crank but alas, it has no motor base mount so that is out of the question. It was electrified when I got it so I will keep it that way.

purplefiend 01-26-2015 01:06 PM

Caroline,
Your brother found a beautiful machine. Once you get a slide plate, it goes on from right to left.
Sharon