Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Which Singer Touch and Sew machines ............ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/singer-touch-sew-machines-t218127.html)

Mizkaki 04-30-2013 12:23 PM

Joe,

If the T&S has built in stitches it won't need the zero cam. If it needs a cam for fancy and utility stitches it will need a cam for ZZ stitches

Cathy

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 6036331)
Usually when I get a machine my rule of thumb is, what came with the machine goes with the machine. I have a few other cams but the top hat cams for the T&S machines that I have were a set that came in a box of sewing parts goodies I found at an estate sale. I have been waiting for a machine to pair them up with.
I do have a question about the T&S and the #0 plain ZZ cam. Do all T&S machines need that cam in to be able to do a ZZ stitch? Or do some have the ZZ built in. It seems odd to me that if you lose or break it, you won't be able to do a ZZ stitch.
~G~

J Miller 04-30-2013 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6036324)
Joe,

I have proof that those cams breed in dark garage. Way over a hundred cams is the proof.

Grant,

Send me a PM me. I probably have a spare hand wheel for an early T&S.

Cathy

I keep our stuff in a large transparent plastic tote box. It used to have room but it's not overflowing. I'm sure they breed in the dark. Maybe in the daytime too.

Joe

J Miller 04-30-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 6036331)
Usually when I get a machine my rule of thumb is, what came with the machine goes with the machine. I have a few other cams but the top hat cams for the T&S machines that I have were a set that came in a box of sewing parts goodies I found at an estate sale. I have been waiting for a machine to pair them up with.
I do have a question about the T&S and the #0 plain ZZ cam. Do all T&S machines need that cam in to be able to do a ZZ stitch? Or do some have the ZZ built in. It seems odd to me that if you lose or break it, you won't be able to do a ZZ stitch.
~G~

Grant,

Same here. What came with them stays with them. All of the cams and accessories I've accumulated ( other than what came with machines ) have been bought loose from any machines. Sad to say.
I don't know if all T&S machines need the "0" cam, I can only say our 778 does as it doesn't have any built in cams.
I have several Singers and a few non Singers that must have the ZZ cam in place or it won't do ZZ stitches.

Joe

grant15clone 04-30-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6036345)
Joe,

If the T&S has built in stitches it won't need the zero cam. If it needs a cam for fancy and utility stitches it will need a cam for ZZ stitches

Cathy

Cathy, I find this odd. Do most T&S machines need them? Is there a series of them that do not need them? I'm kind of new to the T&S machines. I have have three now and am learning them as I go.
~G~

J Miller 04-30-2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone (Post 6036335)
Joe, I also have the duck cam. I tried it but it didn't look like a duck in either of my machines.
~G~

Grant,
It's in the settings. Unless you have them right you won't get a duckie.

Joe

J Miller 04-30-2013 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki (Post 6036345)
Joe,

Cathy

Cathy,

That's like a bunch of other Singer models. I'm new to T&S machines, the only one I know anything about is the 778 we just got. It doesn't have any internal cams at all.
And I don't know much about it. I've just given it a cursory check over to see if it has any issues. Thankfully it doesn't. My wife is the one who made the duck patterns. When we got it home she said will this one use the white cams? I said yes. She said, where's the duck cam? LOL

Joe

miriam 04-30-2013 01:01 PM

Grant, that T&S 603 does need the zz cam.

grant15clone 04-30-2013 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6036411)
Grant, that T&S 603 does need the zz cam.

You know, ... If I had only read the manual. ;) The 778 can do Flexi Stitches, The 603 Can't. On the 778 you need to put a dial on the correct setting for it to do the duckie. I am sewing Duckies now!!!:D
~G~
[ATTACH=CONFIG]410974[/ATTACH]

miriam 04-30-2013 01:29 PM

I want duckies, too.

grant15clone 04-30-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6036481)
I want duckies, too.

A friend of mine is having a baby soon and I was going to make some burping towels and maybe a little blanket. I am going to hold on to this machine until I get to that project. I want to use the duckies as the borders.
IT'S DUCKIE-MANIA!!!!:D:D:D
~G~