Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   So how are you liking the new CL "Relevance" default? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/so-how-you-liking-new-cl-relevance-default-t234705.html)

Macybaby 11-14-2013 03:59 PM

So glad to read this - I was sort of freaked out about how I was getting older stuff and newer stuff all mixed up. I also really wonder about relevance - I sort for "sewing" only - maybe it's how many times the word "sewing" is listed in the add. . .

I'm going to go figure out where the "newest" button is

Macybaby 11-14-2013 04:03 PM

hmmm- when I sort by "relavance" all the machines from the one I know is a dealer show up first, and the rest seem alll over. Maybe they are allowing some to pay to make sure their adds show up at the top.

Lew Schiller 11-14-2013 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 6405104)
hmmm- when I sort by "relevance" all the machines from the one I know is a dealer show up first, and the rest seem alll over. Maybe they are allowing some to pay to make sure their adds show up at the top.

I don't think that's the case.... are the dealers ads more "wordy?"?

Lew Schiller 11-14-2013 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sheluma (Post 6405077)

Are you going to get that Two Spool?? I have a friend in Denver. I might have to make him go get this if you don't want it.

The two spool is all yours :-)

amcatanzaro 11-14-2013 04:59 PM

I didn't notice. I wondered why it was screwy.

miriam 11-14-2013 06:11 PM

I noticed it was messed up but I didn't know they did it on purpose. I just wonder if they let a few people go from working up the Obama Care website... so if a wordy ad is what they want I need to add a few words to the Crush and Sew. AHEM. please send suggestions. I'm out of thoughts.......... I guess you could write about anything EH? HHHMMMMMM

Sunflowerzz 11-14-2013 06:18 PM

I absolutely LOVE the thumbnails option.:)

Lew Schiller 11-14-2013 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6405285)
I noticed it was messed up but I didn't know they did it on purpose. I just wonder if they let a few people go from working up the Obama Care website... so if a wordy ad is what they want I need to add a few words to the Crush and Sew. AHEM. please send suggestions. I'm out of thoughts.......... I guess you could write about anything EH? HHHMMMMMM

If you're really up for seeing how you can game the new system I'd try doing a cut and paste from an historical sewing machine site.

Lew Schiller 11-14-2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerzz (Post 6405295)
I absolutely LOVE the thumbnails option.:)

That's been there for a while now

miriam 11-14-2013 06:35 PM

Ha I went on CL and added to the ad - it is even worse... See what happens - does it move up or down the line?