Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Is something missing here? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/something-missing-here-t301644.html)

bkay 12-18-2018 09:55 AM

Is something missing here?

1 Attachment(s)
Shouldn't this table have a cradle?

Also, is there any such thing as a zigzag attachment for a slant shank machine?

bkay

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605495[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 12-18-2018 10:05 AM

I have my mom’s 301 in a cabinet and it does have a cradle. I also have a zig zag attachment for the machine.

Cheshirepat 12-18-2018 10:13 AM

Oooh, if that's like the longbed 301 I picked up, no it does not! I got the card table too, and wondered where the hardware was - my husband pointed out the leather pieces on the side just friction fit to the machine. We just slid it into the table, it was great! It's been wonderful to work on.

I'm told that foot exists as well, I haven't found one yet.

Mickey2 12-18-2018 02:22 PM

The zigzaggers are on e-bay; I think #160986 is for slant shank. I have the low shank version for my 201, but I can't say I have use it a lot. If I need to zigzag it's either my Bernina or my Elna. I love the buttonholers for my 201, I have the green plastic box, the dark maroon box is for slant shanks. This one is so far worth the price, it has the extra templates. There are several type buttonholers for slant shanks, I think they all should work on the 301. I think there's a blind stitch attachment for the 301 too.

bkay 12-18-2018 04:38 PM

Thanks, guys.

Mickey, I have my mom's 15-91, which I learned to sew on. It has a zig-zagger with the instruction book stuck in the box. I don't think it's ever been used (I never saw it used and I never used it). We used the buttonholer a lot, though.

bkay

Sewjourner 12-18-2018 08:02 PM

That looks like the Monterey table, there is no cradle, the machine just drops in. Originally there would have been included a zig zag attachment. I have my mom’s short bed 301 with the same setup, she received it on Christmas, 1957. There should be a piece to drop in to fill the hole when you’re not using the machine. That table was the “Kids Table” in my youth for every holiday get together, and now it is my cutting table in my sewing room. That 301 makes the best buttonholes that I’ve ever seen. The machine is 61 years old, and still sees like a champ, I use it regularly.

luvstoquilt 12-19-2018 05:42 AM

I want a table for my Featherweights so badly but they are really hard to find.

Macybaby 12-19-2018 10:53 AM

you can get a full set of attachments for the slant machines. Just watch for those that are for a straight stitch machine as most of the Singer slant machines were zigzagers.

cashs_mom 12-19-2018 11:32 AM

I have the original zig zag attachment for my mom's 301. I've never used it though. I've been keeping my eye out at estate sales and the Goodwill for a table for my 301 or FWs. You're so lucky to have found one.

bkay 12-19-2018 06:11 PM

It's at an estate sale that started today. I'm not going. I already have a 301, which is sitting on the shelf in the back building.

I'm trying to get rid of some that I already have and am having a hard time letting them go. I don't need any more.

bkay