Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Strange Singer treadle Mdl # ..... or what is it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/strange-singer-treadle-mdl-what-t189805.html)

J Miller 05-23-2012 10:44 AM

Strange Singer treadle Mdl # ..... or what is it?

Some time back I mentioned my SIL has a treadle she's going to give us. We just have to go get it. She finally got it unburried and says it's a Singer and the model number on the back is W23454. I say to wife, can't be, never heard of a Singer with such a number.
Perhaps that's the number on the motor. No wait she says it's a treadle, so there wouldn't be a motor. But, it could have been motorized. So we don't really know what machine it is.

Wifie was emailing her back and said tell her to take some pics and send them to us. So if she takes some pics we'll know more.

Until then, was there ever a Singer with such a model number?

Joe

Charlee 05-23-2012 11:25 AM

It's a 9W....one of the earlier ones with the W&W serial...

J Miller 05-23-2012 12:48 PM

Charlee,

Thanks for the info. Well, we'll see what kind of shape it's in and what it needs eventually. Not sure I want another machine that takes a non-standard needle and bobbins though.

Joe

Caroline S 05-23-2012 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5237937)
Charlee,

Thanks for the info. Well, we'll see what kind of shape it's in and what it needs eventually. Not sure I want another machine that takes a non-standard needle and bobbins though.

Joe

Of course you do Joe. ;)

J Miller 05-23-2012 01:21 PM

Ummm, maybe not. I'm having trouble finding proper needles for the three I have now.

I'm thinking ....... ( I know I shouldn't do that.) ........... that I'll take the good parts from the two cabinets, my old one from my 9W-7 and hers from her 9W and make one good one. Put my 9W-7 in it cos it uses available bobbins and has been converted to use 15x1 needles and then sell her 9W after cleaning it up and making it run.

Sounds like a dandy idea.

Joe

kitsykeel 05-23-2012 02:50 PM

Joe, I get such a kick out of reading your posts. I can tell you really enjoy your hobby. Never a dull day at your house.

barri1 05-23-2012 03:56 PM

You guys are way to funny.. Anyone have OCD?

J Miller 05-23-2012 05:33 PM

Well sometimes I have an Obnoxious Cranky Demeanor. :D

Joe

Caroline S 05-23-2012 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5238644)

Joe

Actually it is good you have a sense of humor to go with your OCD condition.
Caroline

mermaid 05-25-2012 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5238644)

Joe

I LOVE THAT! I'm filing it away to use with my MDD (memory deficit disorder). I can alibi that I have MDD which causes OCD!!