Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   For those with few machines . . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/those-few-machines-t235053.html)

Macybaby 11-19-2013 04:33 AM

For those with few machines . . .

Can I send you some? My husband is starting to hint I may have too many and if things go well, I'll be coming home with four more after this weekend's trip. I've made arrangements for a White, another Singer 115 (very nice shape) and I'm after another Davis and a Domestic. Oh wait, I forgot about the Singer W9 I inquired about - so it could be at least five. Good thing we have a 3/4 ton truck with a full size bed.

Though I have arranged to drop off one (maybe two) so that will help.

ThayerRags 11-19-2013 05:41 AM

Is there any chance that he would change his mind if you reminded him of how much open space there still is in South Dakota?

CD in Oklahoma

Lew Schiller 11-19-2013 06:30 AM

I find restoration really slows down acquisition.

Macybaby 11-19-2013 06:46 AM

My husband does the restoration - so that is not slowing down my buying one bit! He's got his first "paying" job for restoring a machine. My coworker picked up a very nice 15-91 and wants it cleaned and serviced so he can give it to his wife for Christmas.

It will be winter and we'll have snow soon, and THAT will slow down my buying LOL!!

Rodney 11-19-2013 06:59 AM

It's good your husband likes the machines too. It makes things much easier. My daughter and I are sitting on 4 already (2 cabinet and 2 portable) and I'm not sure we really need any more though I'm not opposed to upgrading machines.
Rodney

Neesie 11-19-2013 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 6412879)
Can I send you some? My husband is starting to hint I may have too many and if things go well, I'll be coming home with four more after this weekend's trip. I've made arrangements for a White, another Singer 115 (very nice shape) and I'm after another Davis and a Domestic. Oh wait, I forgot about the Singer W9 I inquired about - so it could be at least five. Good thing we have a 3/4 ton truck with a full size bed.

Though I have arranged to drop off one (maybe two) so that will help.

Ohhhhhh, if only you lived in Texas! :D I could surely find a spot, for one of those sweet old dears! :)

tessagin 11-19-2013 07:35 AM

Me too!!!!!! I'm looking for a FW. Will just look nearby. :(

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6413298)
Ohhhhhh, if only you lived in Texas! :D I could surely find a spot, for one of those sweet old dears! :)

yobrosew 11-19-2013 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6412996)
Is there any chance that he would change his mind if you reminded him of how much open space there still is in South Dakota?

CD in Oklahoma

Oh, this was a good one; thanks for the laugh!

ppquilter 11-20-2013 05:57 AM

My quilting rm has rm for a few if you need to re-home some, just swing down through WY! :)

chris_quilts 11-27-2013 05:50 PM

I am in the same boat with needing to downsize the # of machines I have. I also have some cabinets and parts of cabinets that need to be rehomed.