Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Tooth extraction and bone graft went well (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/tooth-extraction-bone-graft-went-well-t232187.html)

Sunflowerzz 10-10-2013 04:17 PM

Tooth extraction and bone graft went well

1 Attachment(s)
I had to be at the dentist at 12:00 noon today for a tooth extraction and a bone graft. It went okay except they couldn't get me numb so took a lot of injections and massaging to finally get numb enough for the surgery. After that it went smoothly.

Hubby and I left early at 10:20 so we go to a few stores and do a little browsing, I like to do that right before a dental appt. so I don't think about the dentist. He went into Sportsman Warehouse and I went into a local thrift store. Our dentists are in a strip mall so it makes it kinda fun to go to the dentist. Kinda...

They had 5 sewing machines in the thrift store and all were modern except one. The case was older looking so I nudged it a little, it wouldn't budge. I nudged it harder and it still wouldn't move. I knew then it was an oldie, so I quickly took a look and bought it for $15.00. It is very dusty inside but not greasy or oily, looks almost new outside and on the underside.

It's a Singer 223 and from my research has blind stitch, manual zig zag and it the only Singer made in Japan and weighs 40 pds.

I kept thinking about my new sewing machine while in the dentist chair and it made it so much better! LOL

auntpiggylpn 10-10-2013 04:31 PM

Wow, what a nice reward for being a good girl at the dentist! Much better than a toothbrush, floss and toothpaste samples!!!

Sunflowerzz 10-10-2013 05:45 PM

:D I so agree.

foufymaus 10-10-2013 11:44 PM

So pretty!

Quilt Novice 10-11-2013 02:49 AM

I hope you heal up quickly. Congrats on your new machine!

Sunflowerzz 10-11-2013 07:49 AM

Thanks everyone. I slept well and have NO pain today which is great because the last bone graft hurt for 6 weeks. I think I like this dentist!:)

LTeachergeorge 10-11-2013 03:01 PM

Glad you are recovering well from the dental work and really happy for your new acquisition!!~

Linda in Missouri

Sheluma 10-11-2013 03:20 PM

Glad your dentist appointment went well, and that's a rare machine!! What does "manual zig zag" mean?

miriam 10-11-2013 04:22 PM

The 223 I have is open underneath it to the gear box. Lots of lint and dried up grease in there.

Sunflowerzz 10-11-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sheluma (Post 6343744)
Glad your dentist appointment went well, and that's a rare machine!! What does "manual zig zag" mean?

I don't know. I just saw it on the manual for it so I will have to investigate that terminology. I'll share when I figure it out...LOL

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6343837)
The 223 I have is open underneath it to the gear box. Lots of lint and dried up grease in there.

Thanks Miriam I will be sure to check for that.