Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   treadle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/treadle-t127590.html)

raedar63 06-02-2011 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am going to look at this tomorrow, I know nothing about these but have wanted one for a long time. Ad said" it works and has book and tools." so wish me luck and please give advice. Price is 100 dollars , they did say OBO but since has withdrew that beacuse she said she had several that said they would take it if I didn't . But I was the first one. I am excited I know the pic is not that good so I have high hopes. It is an hour and a half away so I hope it is not a wasted trip.

frauhahn 06-02-2011 04:10 PM

Good luck-keepin' my fingers crossed for you!

Jennifer22206 06-02-2011 04:16 PM

oh good luck! Snap it up for $100. There are great tutorials on how to clean it in the vintage thread

ube quilting 06-02-2011 04:19 PM

$100.00 is a fair price for this beauty if it works and the table is in good condition. Be sure to pull the drawers out to see if they are not warped or damaged. If all this treadle needs is a good cleaning and oiling you soon will be in treadle heaven. The belt on these is usually broken or so dried out the are no good but are very easily replaced for no more than ten dollars. Leather or rubber is available. Good luck and have a safe and rewarding trip. Give us an update!

KSue 06-02-2011 05:38 PM

I think $100 is a good price. I looked at one in Las Vegas and they wanted $300 and the sewing machine inside was not a Singer. Needless to say, I did not buy it.

Lostn51 06-02-2011 05:39 PM

Find out what machine it is first. If it is a 27, 127 they are super common and unless it is in almost mint perfect condition loaded with all of the accessories I would not give over $50. I would have to see what model it is first but the cabinet is one of the more sought after ones.

Billy

raedar63 06-02-2011 07:51 PM

I have been looking for a while, Seems most want around 300 bucks for them unless they are in terrible shape. Hard to tell what I will find when I actually see the machine. It's too bad they didn't have pics of it too. I will soon find out and let you all know.I have a old sphinx decal machine that seems to work when you turn the wheel. Would it fit in this cabnet if the cabnet is in good shape?
Rae

thepolyparrot 06-02-2011 08:02 PM

Treadles in good condition aren't a dime a dozen in my area - and in many other areas of the country. I see a lot of empty treadle irons around here, or cabinets with veneer pieces broken off or drawers missing.

I would pay $100 for that ornate a cabinet in good condition, even if it were empty. Those cabinets are stunning when they are refinished.

raedar63 06-03-2011 01:45 PM

It is a 66 red eye. can't wait to get someone to help me unload it. it has books, atachments, even the key and a tiny little oil can. parts moved freely. leather belt dry rotted and I will have to figure out how to string a new one, but over all I think it is nice. the storage garage was fairly dark but from What I could see the paint /decals are near perfect. I will take pics of everything when I get it unloaded if you want. Now for the next good part, she "threw in" a featherweight all for 300 bucks. She had wanted 300 for the FW.May sound a little high for some of you but I have been looking for a treadle for months not many around here people want to part with. (small farming community) Featherweight seems to run like a champ ,has case, lots of extras too!

ann31039 06-03-2011 03:33 PM

a featherweight too!!!!!!. what great luck. your gonna have so much fun. congratulations.