Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Trouble goes to Wisconsin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/trouble-goes-wisconsin-t226953.html)

ArizonaKAT 07-31-2013 08:13 AM

Trouble goes to Wisconsin

For those of you who have followed my adventures with my first little FW I purchased on ebay and fittingly named her Trouble, here's another of her adventures.

My daughter was visiting over the weekend and managed to talk me out of Trouble. So we put the old girl in a carry on bag and off we go to the airport.

It was pretty comical when Trouble went through the TSA scanner. I wish I had a pic of the look on the TSA's face. He looked at it . . . then he looked at it again. Then he took his finger and outlined the machine on the screen like he was trying to touch it. Then he looked around to see if he could spot the person who owned it. My daughter finally told him it was a sewing machine. I guess because of the size, he couldn't believe it was real. He asked if it was old (duh) and did it work . . . and did she use it. Then he let Trouble through. I had visions of having to take it out and demonstrate.

Another adventure for my little "Trouble" and she still holds up to her name.

Caroline S 07-31-2013 08:25 AM

At least Trouble was not "groped" !!!

Monroe 07-31-2013 08:45 AM

If she was I bet she would have vaccinated him right quick!

ArizonaKAT 07-31-2013 11:13 AM

The needle was still firmly in place upon landing.

leaha 07-31-2013 11:19 AM

LOL so cute

barny 07-31-2013 11:20 AM

ArizonaKat, that happened to me with a package of Dominoes. They stopped and looked and called 2 other people to look at it thru the bag. Wouldn't touch it! I did get groped. They finally let me through.ha.

J Miller 07-31-2013 01:29 PM

:D ROFLMAO ........That is the funniest story I've read in eons. Elaine and I were both laughing.

Joe

KatsKidinWI 07-31-2013 04:54 PM

I offered to show him the quilt...

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6207053)
For those of you who have followed my adventures with my first little FW I purchased on ebay and fittingly named her Trouble, here's another of her adventures.

My daughter was visiting over the weekend and managed to talk me out of Trouble. So we put the old girl in a carry on bag and off we go to the airport.

It was pretty comical when Trouble went through the TSA scanner. I wish I had a pic of the look on the TSA's face. He looked at it . . . then he looked at it again. Then he took his finger and outlined the machine on the screen like he was trying to touch it. Then he looked around to see if he could spot the person who owned it. My daughter finally told him it was a sewing machine. I guess because of the size, he couldn't believe it was real. He asked if it was old (duh) and did it work . . . and did she use it. Then he let Trouble through. I had visions of having to take it out and demonstrate.

Another adventure for my little "Trouble" and she still holds up to her name.

Tartan 07-31-2013 06:12 PM

You will have to keep us updated on Troubles adventures. Maybe she will turn over a new leaf in Wisconsin and get re-named Angel.:D

SunlitenSmiles 08-01-2013 06:52 AM

good thing her name is trouble not the other "T" word !!!!

my son had 6 cans of 'stagg' chili w/o beans in his suitcase once (because it was not available where he lived then) not a fun experienced.....better to ship.

I would definately hand carry a FW !!!!!!!!