Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Uh-oh. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/uh-oh-t234898.html)

Cecilia S. 11-18-2013 06:32 AM

Thanks for all the responses and idea, everyone!

I will, in the next few days, lay them out and photograph them so that I can figure out at least what is what! This will be fun.

I giggled at the Christmas Tree Ornament idea. That said, I like the idea of them being put to use, so whatever I don't have use for myself, I will probably end up giving away or trading.

Stay tuned for an organized photo in the next few days! :-)

p.s. Miriam, you ditched your own avatar parade? Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

miriam 11-18-2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. (Post 6411143)
p.s. Miriam, you ditched your own avatar parade? Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

The new one is much cuter - he was playing peek-a-boo when Wilbur, Miss L and I were "working" on machines.

Macybaby 11-18-2013 06:37 AM

Speaking of Jewelry - when my husband was working on his Pfaff 130 he found several of the stitch selector parts for sale as a Steam Punk style pendant necklace. The funny part - they would have been worth much more sold as replacement parts!

Cecilia S. 11-18-2013 06:45 AM

Macybaby, apparently the correct term is Diesel Punk. Different era. Who knew.

I could make me a heckuva necklace out of this box!!! LOL!

miriam 11-18-2013 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. (Post 6411170)
Macybaby, apparently the correct term is Diesel Punk. Different era. Who knew.

I could make me a heckuva necklace out of this box!!! LOL!

sort of like an old fashioned charm bracelet?

amh 11-18-2013 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a treasure you have. If you are wanting to get rid of any of it, I would love to have a seam guide if you have one. I'm trying to upload a photo, and I hope it works. If you have one send me a private e-mail and we'll talk.

jbj137 11-18-2013 07:10 AM

OOOOoooohhhh!!!!! a treasure trove.

Loving fondle each one (it is allowed).

Cecilia S. 11-18-2013 07:11 AM

Aileen I am sure I must have one or six.

I need a few days, to have time to sort and photograph. My aim is to try to have one complete puzzle box, and a few other things to complement some bare sewing machine which I have, but other than that, I will be more than happy to give and trade things away. I don't really want to -sell- stuff, because I don't want to be a buy-sell person. I just think this is fun. Maybe I'll trade enough to recoup my costs, and then give the rest. Whatever. :-) I have a feeling you will get a seam guide for Christmas - there must be a few in there!) Whether you choose to use it, wear it, or put it on your tree, that'll be up to you.

sewbizgirl 11-18-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6409204)
I don't know I have a pile like that, too. I was thinking about hanging them on the Christmas tree but it would be such a lot of work. Mine are all for ancient machines - nothing for vintage or new. Mine are the kind that have the little fork to go in the screw down.

Miriam, people are LOOKING for those! They are the hard-to-find back mounting feet for the older 66 machines. Worth some $$. Many have changed out their machines to accommodate side mounting feet because the back mounting ones are so hard to find.

shasta5718 11-18-2013 09:46 AM

Sort into groups and list on ebay, there are people who will need them.